+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implant or mini pill

I have recently had a mirena removed due to problems... stupid doc tried 3 times to put it in then gave me a infection in my uterus...grrr long story.

So I now have to choose a new contraception.
    My options are limited due to the tyes of migraines I get.
    I can use the mini pill or get the implant or another mirena but thats out!

Has anyone got or had the implant? Any problems or anything?

Im a bit nervous getting something else that I havent had before. It was the first time I had the mirena inserted and I am truelly regretting it.

My Dr thinks that the insert would be good for me as I have had 2 children in 3 years and arent planning anymore but Im still a bit worried.

Ive read the information and I guess its easy enugh to remove but can anyone shed somelight on it for me? Whats your experiences??

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I gained 30kg with the implanon

Have you thought about the nuvo ring as well? I personally would go with the mini pill but I can't take it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thumbs up for Nuva Ring...bestest contraceptive

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whats a Nuva Ring? My Dr didnt mention that.... Google time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hated implanon. Had it removed after 3 months due to continuous bleeding! Also gained weight really quickly.

My GP also just told me it may have been the cause of my two ectopic pregnancies

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hated the implanon, constant bleeding, weight gain, terrible skin. Also in the past I have fallen pregnant quite easily but I haven't managed to get utd after having it removed, might be a coincidence ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry to hear that Anjalee!

I think I should follow my gut feeling and stay away from things I havent tried before... and Im trying to LOSE my weight lol
    My ordeal with the Mirena has been bad enough , I dont want to go through it with yet another contraception.

I googled the Nuva Ring and will talk to my Dr about it when I see her for a check up next Friday.

Thanks!

If there are any more stories please share

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Implanon and mini pill are the same, just different methods of getting the hormone into your body. They are both Progesterone-only contraceptions. The depo shot is the same as Implanon and mini pill, just another way of getting it into your body (injection).
    Nuva ring is a combined contraception, and it seems that your doctor is trying to avoid the combined methods?

My personal experiences with the Implanon are not positive. Weight gain, depression, anxiety, constant bleeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the implanon and don't regret it. Straight after I had it put in, I had some twingy pain around where it had been put in, but my Dr said that was unusual to happen.
    I did have some irregular spotting in the first 3 months which was annoying, but then went back to regular periods, same as before the implanon. I did gain a little weight, but I think that had far more to do with changing from a very physically active job to a less active job (which included shift work, so never going to be good for eating habits).

After having the implanon out, we used condoms for a few months before 'not, not trying' for a month and fell pregnant on the 2nd cycle without issue.