+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Possible miscarriage??

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I am approx 5 weeks pregnant and have done 2 first response HPTs over weekend (first thing on Sat & Sun mornings) which have both been positive.

I have been getting very slight abdominal discomfort, a little like I have stretched my stomach muscles for the last week and this morning had a light pink discharge which is now brown. Currently only shows on paper, not enough to show on a pad. My breasts are still tender but not as much as they have been although I have noticed that they are more tender at different times of the day - is this normal?

I went to doctor this morning and she did two urine tests both with the same sample which both came back negative. Given the slight discharge and discomfort she has said that I am most likely at the start of a miscarriage. The doctor did not do a blood test but said to do another urine test in a week to confirm (if I have had no proper bleed).

I am quite distressed as my husband and I were so happy and had been trying for a few months!

Has anyone had a similar experience and still maintained a healthy pregnancy and if not how long should it take for the bleeding to start and the breast tenderness to cease - the waiting is horrible!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am TTC at the moment and haven't yet been pregnant, so I can't offer any experience or advice, but I'm sorry to hear this. Must be hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry you're going through this *hugs*

Can you maybe see another doctor and request a blood test? My urine tests at the dr were negative but bloods positive, just a low HCG which if you're only 5 weeks that's definitely possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmmm, I would do another FRER or better still a digital test (as you may be not quite as UTD as you think) to get a better idea. Dr's tests arent always the most sensitive. I would also consider getting a BT. All your symptoms can indicate a normal pregnancy. I wouldn't lose hope yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hun don't give up hope yet, the doctors HPT's aren't as sensitive as the first responses, it sounds as though you have had a minor bleed and now that it is brown it means it's old blood. Rest as much as you can, lay down and try and relax (I know easier said than done). If you were mc there would be a lot more bleeding than you described and painful cramping. The pulled muscle type of feeling your getting can be your ligaments stretching, for weeks I thought AF was coming but it was just my ligaments expanding making room for bubs.
    A week is a long time to wait (I said this to my doctor too) maybe wait till the end of the week and go back.
    Sending you loads of hugs and sticky vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your messages, I'm new a this! The waiting is hard especially as I'm not sure how long it could take before I start to bleed (if I am to miscarry) but I am trying to remain positive.