+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing - my 4yo has been Tt during the day for 15 mths but he sleeps so deeply he just doesn't wake up when he needs to go ... We have tried a couple of times ... Toilet before bed and getting him up just before I go to bed to go again but he is usually already wet ... And fast asleep still!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 is now 5 but only night TT at 4.5yrs.
    Buy a couple of brollysheets so u dont have to strip the entire bed if an accident occurs.
    To start with i took her to the toilet before bed and at 10pm and DH took her at 530am.

Now we take her at 10pm and she's learnt to get up if she needs to go again.
    Last edited by RmumR; 17-07-2012 at 19:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i toilet trained dd for both day and night when she was 3. I woke her during the night to go, even tho she protested and cried and carried on, i still made her get up. we got into a routine (and yes of course at first there were accidents) and now she gets herself up if she has to go. she's only 3.5 at the moment. i won't say it was easy, but it paid off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4.5yr old son still has night nappies, sometimes he is wet sometimes he is dry...sometimes he is soaked and his nappy leaks. My older DS didnt stop wetting the bed until he was about 7 or 8yrs old...My DD on the other had was TT day and night from 3yrs old. I not in a hurry to have him night TTed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD turned 4 in October last year and that was our starting day for night training. She went into knickers and I used the Huggies Nappy sheets so that I didn't have to change sheets in the middle of the night. I always make sure she goes to the toilet before bed and then for the first few weeks I woke her about 2am to go (she hated that). Pretty quickly she started waking up on her own and going by herself. My greatest problem was her waking me up to tell me she had been to the toilet...lol. We haven't had any accidents for ages and I don't bother with the nappy sheets. All in all it was a pretty smooth transition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same with PP - went cold turkey at around 2.. Days were definitely easier than nights and made sure I had the waterproof sheet over the normal sheets so washing was easier but after a few weeks where DD Had to see in the middle of the night, she was able to hold till the morning.
    good luck!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Something that I have read is that kids in general are pretty smart. If they wake up because they're day trained at night and need to go, quite often they're smart enough to know that they're wearing a night nappy and can pee right where they are.
    My DS used to dry first thing in the morning and wet as soon as he woke up. So he was actually night dry before I realised what was going on.

And the main thing is that they say that there's nothing to be concerned about until the child is 7 and even after that age doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with them.
    Don't let people who've had children night dry at the age of two or three bug you. They got lucky, that's all! Lol.
    My DS is 4 in April and I'm only just starting to think about cutting out night nappies now to see how we go. It's all trial and error, if we can't go at least one night out of three with a dry night then he'll go back into night nappies for a while. I'm not stressed about it, kids will be night dry when their body is ready for it, it's not really something you can force .