+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does your 2 y/o sleep in their own room?

ds co sleeps with me, he has done since birth.

The last week i've been working on him falling asleep unassisted by doing our bedtime routine and then saying i am going to do 'abc' (house work) i will be back when i finish and if you need me call out.

Today i set his room up, moved his single bed in etc.

And he went to sleep unassisted after playing with his teddies for an hour.

It's 10.33 and i am heading to bed and have moved him in with me because

A) i feel he is to 'little' to sleep aline
    B) if he wakes during the night he will freak out and i might not hear him
    C) my house in not secure, i do not know what he would do if he woke in the morning alone (most likely come looking for me)
    D) he gets sick a fair bit in winter and i worry i won't hear him if he has an attack.

Im just trying to figure out if i should just leave him in his own bed or keep bringing him into mine?

So does tour 2 y/o sleep in their own room? If so what do they do in the mornings? Do you hear them? Do you wake checking on them?

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD2 is 2 in a few weeks, and she sleeps in her own room. She is still in a cot though, so will cry out for me through the night if she needs me. She sleeps in a sleeping bag so doesn't/can't kick off her blankets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is still in our room (hes 2.5). But DD1 was about 16-18 months? when she went into her own room and she just used to come into our room when she woke up. If she woke during the night she'd just come into our bed. I look at DS now and can't really believe DD was littler than him and sleeping all alone! I kind of regret it now, although she was fine, but I just think how little!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Neither of my boys slept alone at 2 it just didn't feel right for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, my 2 year old sleeps in her own room - always has.. I think it comes down to what you are used to and what you are comfortable with. In our case, both DD's have slept in their cot in their own room (next to ours) from first day home. It is what works for us!

In April at her 2nd birthday DD1 moved into her new room and single bed in preparation for DD2's arrival. It's further away from us and even if her door is closed, we can still hear her when she wakes and calls out for us "Mum, I'm awake and ready to play!" is the usual!

I always check her and open her door when I go to bed of an evening and she has not yet ever climbed out of her bed herself when she wakes. (she is more than capable of doing so, she just waits for us to get her when she wakes up) She often plays in her bed with her stuffed toys and pulls whatever books from her bookshelf that she can reach before and/or after sleeping

I think that you have started off well easing him into the new arrangement and can continue to do so in such a way that you're both happy. If you bring him in with you tonight, maybe tomorrow or another night down the track you might wait until later in the night and so on..?
    Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd slept in a cot in my bedroom. She is 5 now and even though she has a room of her own she still co sleeps with us some nights. I love having her sleep with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids moved from co-sleeping to their own rooms each at about 17 months. For a few months, they would come in or I'd get in bed with them but at 2, they mostly slept there. Our bedroom is very close to theirs and I'm a light sleeper do I hear them. They come straight to me for cuddles in the morning

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My boys have slept in their own rooms from birth and I don't think I've ever 'not' heard them when they've woken or even just stirred a bit.

When they wake in the mornings, they come in to my bed for a cuddle and then will go and watch tv or play for a bit then I'll get them breakfast

I don't wake to check on them through the night at all and some mornings I wake up with one of them on each side of me LOL. Other mornings I wake up with just one of them or more commonly I wake up with neither of them in my bed as they've stayed in their own beds all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We co sleep with miss 2 as well. I think she will move in with her sister when she is around 3 or when she expresses desire to. She isn't there yet because she needs me to get to sleep and I would be to worried about her getting up and getting onto trouble. She likes to climb!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds has slept in his own room since 13 months. meaning he was in his cot and we were in our bed.

Ds has never came into our bed of a night and i can hear him if he calls out.

If your happy doing it like that then that's fine i am sure your LO will tell you when they want to sleep alone.