User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaginal Bleeding :(

Hi ladies, I am 20 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my first baby and this morning when I woke up and went to the bathroom I had a bright red drop of blood in the toilet bowl and when I wiped myself I had bright red vaginal bleeding on the toilet paper. I wiped 3 times and it seemed to become lighter each time. For the rest of the day, I had a very light brown spotting and now I have nothing, just clear discharge. I called my ob/gyn straight away and when he called me back, he said for me to just rest and it isn't an amount of blood to be too concerned about. He told me that if it gets worse, to call him straight back. I don't have my 20 week ultrasound for another 4 days and I am so worried. I am scared that there might be something wrong with the baby. I am a bit upset that my ob/gyn didn't ask me to come in for an ultrasound, he is just presuming it is normal, but I suppose I should trust him. Has anyone ever experienced this at this stage of pregnancy? What should I do, I am so worried?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had light bleeding a few times through my second pregnancy. Did you by any chance have sex recently? Often that can cause bleeding. My bleeding was a result of an eroded cervix, which is caused by pregnancy hormones and nothing dangerous to the pregnancy.
    If you do get more bleeding and it's heavy, go to the hospital so they can check that everything is ok, but from the sounds of things the small amount of bleeding you experienced wouldn't be something to be overly concerned about. Small amounts of bleeding can be perfectly normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you feeling movement?

I bled all the way through until 27 weeks. I had a low lying placenta... Perhaps you have the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice guys... I haven't had sex recently but, I think I felt the baby move this morning so I am relieved. I am just going to wait until to my 20 week scan on Thursday. My Ob/gyn doesn't seem to be concerned and I suppose I shouldn't be either, but it is only natural to worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had spotting / light bleeding during my pregnancy, however it is due to a cervical ectropion/erosion. Basically a weak cervix. I didnt know this until I went to hospital for the bleeding. Apparently is just too much estrogen that causes it. Once I knew that I had it, I felt better knowing what caused it. Next appointment you can ask your ob to check if you have it. Basically they just look at your cervix and they can tell by sight if you have it or not.

Good luck. Hope its all good. Glad you can feel movement :-)