+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    just curious as to how ''noisy'' the vicks one actually is? is it really loud? im interested in buying one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    just curious as to how ''noisy'' the vicks one actually is? is it really loud? im interested in buying one.
    I have one and I don't find it noisy. I can't sleep properly with any noise in my room - hate ticking clocks with a passion lol - but I can sleep with the Vicks vaporiser

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like a bubbling brook lol. I like it...it's not too loud and quite soothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajane86 View Post
    I used to do that too, this humidifies the room, making it a lot easier to breathe, as heaters can dry out the air, making it harder, makes a really big difference for us. I hadn't tried elevating for a cold but I might give it a go too
    Elevating just means that any mucus runs out instead of down the back of their throats and helps to stop the coughing. It's not something we have a huge problem with. Dry heat keeps my oldest asthma away and apart from that no one really struggles with colds much.

NessaM24 is offline Fred, why don't you go outside and vroom that lawn mower around the yard?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a Vicks one.. Really quiet! And love that it has a auto shutoff so it won't dry the element out when all the waters gone... Like I did with my Euky Bear one *smacks head*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    It's not loud at all, I can't sleep with noise but the vicks one is fine. Can hear a slight bubbling, it's actually soothing to me. Doesn't bother my son either. It's very quiet

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing I dislike about the Vicks one is trying to empty it out. There is a lip around it making it impossible to get the water out without doing some weird shaking dance movements!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, yes the Vicks one is awesome except for the emptying problem, have to do it in the bath. Will be buying a second one for baby on the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post
    The only thing I dislike about the Vicks one is trying to empty it out. There is a lip around it making it impossible to get the water out without doing some weird shaking dance movements!
    Oh good...I thought it was just me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was really hoping they had improved it by now!!!