+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Table that shows the risk of complications from a VPD vs the risk of adverse reaction

Fascinating. 1 in 15 people with measles will develop pneumonia - as opposed to a severe vaccine reaction at 1 in one million.

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/im...es-sideeffects

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

4underfour  (15-07-2012),Atropos  (15-07-2012),breakthemould  (15-07-2012),Guest654  (15-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (15-07-2012),Sariele  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great link

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    thanks for that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not too sure that the reporting of adverse events is 100% accurate... there are too many variables - it is the GP who is required to report an adverse event, and only if it is considered "severe" (i.e. anaphylaxis). The event would need to occur within the fifteen minutes "holding time" after an injection to be considered linked to the vaccine itself.

Nonetheless helpful stats, but need to be examined somewhat critically IMO.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Totally agree btb I think there is a lot of under reporting. I don't feel we have enough evidence that vaccinations don't cause long term health issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    See, I just don't agree.

I don't know anyone ever, who has had any kind of reaction. So already that seems to me that it is a rare event.

If it is something like a severe allergic reaction -then you can bet your bottom dollar that it is going to be reported.

Plus they even have redness and swelling as reactions on there??? Which seems to me a bit of over kill in fact.

The truth is, that some people will never be willing to accept scientific evidence. I think we can all agree on that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beebs, if I can point out potential flaws in reporting mechanisms without being accused of "never being willing to accept scientific evidence", it'd be appreciated. Ta.

Your posts in regards to vaccinating are getting a bit personal and accusatory. Post the facts you find but don't expect to not have them discussed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We may not know the long term side effects of vaccinations. What we do know is that we don't have a country rife with measles, polio, diphtheria, mumps and whooping cough. Children aren't dying of these diseases in big numbers like they are in other countries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    See, I just don't agree.

I don't know anyone ever, who has had any kind of reaction. So already that seems to me that it is a rare event.

If it is something like a severe allergic reaction -then you can bet your bottom dollar that it is going to be reported.

Plus they even have redness and swelling as reactions on there??? Which seems to me a bit of over kill in fact.

The truth is, that some people will never be willing to accept scientific evidence. I think we can all agree on that.
    Just because you don't know anyone though does not make it true?

One of the mums in my mothers group baby caught rotavirus at 9 weeks , she was sure it was from the vaccine, saw 4 different doctors and not until her daughter was sent to Sydney children's hospital the professors there confirmed it was from the vaccine and told her not to give her child the other doses ( the other 4 GP,s just palmed it off) so I definitely think there are a lot not reported, the thing is you will never know!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

In a perfect world maybe, but I know several cases where it wasn't reported. Our medical system is far from fail proof.