+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bubs'N'Roses Bubs Birth Story

I was up at 11pm on Tuesday night trying to watch Lord Of The Rings. I was 39wks exactly. The previous night I'd gone to hospital with severe back pain and what I thought was the start of labour. No, it wasn't. Instead I left with four sore spots where I got sterile water injections.

Eager to avoid turning up at hospital only to leave again, I didn't take any notice of the regular pains I was getting as I tried to watch the movie. I'd been booked in for induction on Thursday so I wasn't worried anymore either. There was a huge sense of calm.

By midnight I realized, I wasn't getting to watch the movie, there was too much pain. Regular pain. I headed to my room and tried to go to sleep with white noise playing. Instead I stayed awake, constantly groaning my way through what felt like a minutes worth of pain. Sitting on the loo offered some comfort but didn't ease the pain. Back to bed. Back to the loo. Bed. Loo. Bed. Loo. Finally, I was on the floor, hunched over with these pain. At 3am I decided to download a contraction timing app on my phone.

Over the course of an hour and a half, the contractions went from 6, to 5, to 4 and then finally 3mins apart (give or take some seconds). I decided to call the hospital after a contraction ended. I was told to come in. Contraction. I called DH and told him to get home, it was game on. Contraction. Wandered up the other end of the house and awoke my mum and told her, it was game on. Contraction. She was a little annoyed I'd waited so long and not told her I was in labour.

DH arrived home about 4.45am, and we were on our way. The trip to the hospital was bumpy and painful. So painful. We got up to the the hospital at about 5.10am.

Labour was under way. I was left mostly to my own devices, the gas was hooked up and I kneeled on the bed over the raised end trying to get bubs off my back. The contractions were pretty regular, sticking at around 2/3mins but becoming stronger. The gas was a great distraction. DH had to keep reminding me not to push as I'd forget and that's all I felt like doing, but it definitely wasn't time yet.

Finally, at about 7.25am, I told the midwife to break my waters, I needed to push. Sure enough, seconds after breaking, pains became stronger and it was time. I let it go for a little bit longer as I knew I was in for hell once pushing started. I could feel bubs he had definitely moved down. I pushed in tiny amounts for about 5 mins, preparing myself mentally more than anything as this was where I tended to lose my cool and become completely crazy. Sure enough I became a bit crazy but at least I knew what to do. "Okay, I'm going to push," I announced.

The midwife and DH each held a leg as I turned on my side a little and began to push. There was that familiar burn. It took three rather pathetic pushes on my part for the crowning to start. Two real pushes and I was told I needed to be cut as I was starting to tear and that was going to go well. I agreed to the cut, as I felt it would be more controlled then the tear.

Three more pushes and that was the head, one big massive breath and push and out he came. He was put straight onto my chest, making a few tiny groans. Time of birth: 7.39am. Even though the pushes felt like they took forever, it was relatively quick.

Laying on my chest DH noticed DS had lost a bit of colour, so they picked him, gave him a bit of a clean and sure enough he started crying and colour came back to him. It was a very easy labour and I'm glad I stayed home most of it.

I was stitched up, told there were some ragged membranes but they thought they'd got them all but to keep an eye on that. An hour after birth I was up and moving around, having a shower and ready to get some rest. I stayed in the delivery room for about 2 hours as they readied a bed up on the maternity floor. I was asked if I wanted to go home that day, I actually said no because I wanted the one night away from the other 2 kids to just get back into what its like caring for a newborn.

DS was an easy birth, I was more relaxed. He is a good little baby, his sisters love him, his father needs to be reminded there is life outside or he'll sit and stare for hours! He feeds well, sleeping is working out better each night. First two nights was interrupted every 2 hrs, last night we got some good 3 hours stretches of sleep.

I feel good, tired, a little sore. Still having some SPD related pain but nothing compared to pregnancy. We're very happy, I feel complete and I look forward to NEVER EVER having to go through labour again lol.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

86cin  (15-07-2012),Atropos  (15-07-2012),babylily  (15-07-2012),Cazza1981  (08-08-2012),Cleigh  (17-07-2012),Mod-Myztik  (15-07-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (21-07-2012),Mod-SammiAnn  (15-07-2012),MonsterMummy  (23-09-2012),MrJones&Me  (15-07-2012),NancyBlackett  (15-07-2012),smallpotatoes  (15-07-2012),summastarlet  (15-07-2012),Taiyed  (21-07-2012),TamsFam  (15-07-2012),Theophania  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Congrats boneski. So so happy for you and your family.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats, thanks for sharing. Enjoy squishy newbie cuddles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congrats on your little man

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!! Well done you clever girl you . Enjoy your complete family .

Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautifully written story. Congrats on your new arrival.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yay Bones!! Congrats to all and welcome little man!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all!! Was well worth all my complaining and such through my pregnancy diary! Now to master the balancing act of three kiddies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on your little man! Life with 3 is crazy but wonderful- enjoy the newborn snuggles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!