+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Antenatal classes

The hospital we are booked in to have the baby at runs their antenatal classes on a Saturday and they recommend you have it finished a minimum of 4 weeks before due date. Problem being is they have 6th October which is basically only three weeks before my due date. The September dates are 1st, 8th and 22nd. Unfortunately 22nd September is hubby's 30th birthday so we will be busy with his birthday party so we had booked in for the 8th.

We have just found out though that we have a wedding on the 8th so really have no choice but to go on the 1st or not go to the wedding.

The 1st makes it two months before my due date so I am now freaking out that it is too early to do the class. I know it is only a week earlier than we had booked in for but still freaking out.

So just wondering is this way too early and should we just cancel the 30th birthday party and do the class on the 22nd or will it be ok on the 1st?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    It won't be too early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh, we did our classes at 20 weeks or something like that! As long as you remember the key points, it shouldn't matter when you do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Definitely won't be too early! We were originally booked (by the hospital) to do our classes starting at around 30 weeks but because of a holiday we didn't start them until 34 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not too early. Most classes will give you little handouts and things for the important stuff too, so you can re-read them closer to the time. No point missing out on your hubby's party or the wedding for it. Plus if there's something you really can't remember closer to the time, you can always ask your Dr, midwives or all the friendly people here on Bubhub forums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just went to ours and there were pol ranging from 20 wks to 36 sitting in :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give them a ring, go for the first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I am feeling much better about it.

Been so emotional this last week. I think it is all just getting to me now.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can take classes whenever you like If you really wanted to do a class closer to your due date, consider doing private classes. There are lots of childbirth educators out there teaching different styles (as an alternative to hospital classes). Google 'Birthing From Within'. They are an incredibly special kind of antenatal class! Good luck with it. Enjoy your hubby's birthday!