+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I've done it loads of times. Personally I love not having someone yelling things into my ear while I'm trying to listen to the band! I go to the movies alone heaps too.

Your Mum being worried about you being alone in Sydney made me laugh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done it before and would quite happily do it again. My DH and the majority of my friends don't share the same music taste as me. A few times I've said 'I'm going to see this band, do you want to come?' and the usual reaction is 'Err... Who?!?' So I'd rather go alone then drag along someone that wasn't particularly interested. My DH came along once to one and wanted to leave about 3 songs in so never again have I taken him.

Weezer are awesome. I'm sure any insecurities about being on your own will be quickly overcome once they appear on stage.

Oh and my Mum still really freaks out about me going out at night on my own too. I've just turned 32...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went to big day out a couple of years ago by myself. I wanted to see rammstein and there was no way I was missing out (been a huge fan for a loong time ). Turns out a couple of my friends (not real close) were going too though and I met up with them for a very brief while, but they wanted to go see other bands and I wanted to get in early to get a good spot near the front of the stage so I went off on my own again. It was worth it, they got stuck outside the gates and I was right up front Honestly I couldn't have cared less that I was by myself. I ended up randomly chatting (ie. yelling lol) to a girl next to me anyway.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, I went to the Eagles and Bryan Adams (is that too embarrassing to admit???) by myself, and I went to the Cranberries with a group of friends but we couldn't get tickets together so we were scattered all over the place so essentially I was at that alone. Do it, you will regret not going more than you will regret being on your own.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I did have a fleeting moment of 'maybe i shouldn't' after mum expressed her concerns. But that though went immediately flying out of my head when I thought 'But, WEEZER!'

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    In the age of smart phones it's not like your lonely while waiting for things to start. I've sat next to people reading books who were too hipster for smart phones.
    Ahh, excellent tip, thank you. I don't own a smart phone so I shall bring a book

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Ahh, excellent tip, thank you. I don't own a smart phone so I shall bring a book
    haha I take my DS and play Super Mario or Donkey Kong if I'm bored

I love going to stuff by myself, I feel so much more comfortable to sing and dance and chat to strangers and make new friends and generally just have fun.
    (Especially compared to going with DP and having him sit in the corner being bored and grumpy all night!)

I'm actually going to see Peter Combe in a couple of weeks by myself - I can't wait!
    Last edited by deku; 15-07-2012 at 19:01. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have been to a concert solo when I manged to get a last minute ticket and couldnt get a babysitter so DH stayed home to look after DS. It wasn't DH's style of music anyway so I probably would have gone alone regardless. It was great. I spent the whole of intermission standing in the toilet queue anyway so I didnt feel like a lonely loser anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm planning on going alone to six gigs in one week when The Living End do their Retrospective Tour in December! It will probably be weird, but I'm sure once they start playing I'll lose myself and forget I'm alone.

Pre-sale starts tomorrow, and I am crossing my fingers DH will let me buy the Big Red Pass that will allow me into every gig! They are playing one album a night, with their first album repeated two nights in a row.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I went to my concert alone last night and it was fine. I was bang in the middle of the aisle though, and I felt a bit loserish walking past everyone to my one lonely seat, squished between couples. But once it started I was totally fine. I recommend it Ana, it was actually great not haven't to think about someone else while I was there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (16-07-2012)