+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Going to concerts alone

Have you done it? Did you feel awkward?

I am going to be up at the crack of dawn to get a Weezer ticket. I have it all planned in my head, up to Sydney by train, concert, stay over night and train home. My mum is freaking out however about me being alone in Sydney at night. I'm 35 mum...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done it at a small scale performance and while i had fun, the whole concert experience is more fun when shared with a friend.

Have fun seeing Weezer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to do it all the time.
    Sometimes it would feel a bit awkward entering the venue and waiting for things to start but once the music starts it's fine and i'd really enjoy myself. I was never one to let a lack of someone to go with stop me seeing a band.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I've done it and nope didn't feel awkward at all! It was great actually as I didn't have to worry about anyone being late and missing the beginning, anyone trying to talk to me during my favourite song or anything like that. I could just enjoy the music and leave whenever I was ready.

Enjoy Weezer! *sings* I'm a loooot like yoooou so please, hello, I'm here, I'm waiting (WAITING!)....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lol....sounds fabulous.

i went solo from perth to melbourne (i did have my 8yo) to see tim burton.
    it was soooo much fun. i stayed in the city, ate out at restaurants i'd heard about, had cocktails.
    totally awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Done heaps on my own all around the world and loved every one. I've made a heap of great friends that I've kept in contact with on Facebook.

In the age of smart phones it's not like your lonely while waiting for things to start. I've sat next to people reading books who were too hipster for smart phones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep, I used to do things like that all the time. Didn't feel awkward

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Ana, timely thread. I'm going to Flight of the Conchords alone tonight. Basically none of my friends that like them had spare cash when the tickets went on sale, and then my lover wanted to buy me a ticket but he has never seen them so he didn't want to go, so I'm flying solo. I actually don't care, I'm excited. No one talking to me and annoying me as I stare at my future husbands lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ana I've never had to (DH would see almost any band live) but depending on the band I would. FYI I saw Weezer close the Big Day Out a millions years ago and they were AMAZING. So jealous. When we lived in Melbourne we'd see live bands all the time but now I'm in Perth it's just too far and hard.

Alexander my sister saw FOTC last week - she said they were fantastic. Enjoy!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How brave of you! I'd do it, but I'd just feel lonely.. I'd want to someone to share the experience with.
    I haven't actually gone to a concert alone, but ended up separating from the group to watch different bands by myself at the Big Day Out. Then I couldn't find them (no one really had mobiles back in those days, lol) so I ended up seeing out half the day and night alone and made my way back alone on public transport. I did get to watch Hole and Marilyn Manson and Korn though, so I didn't care. I made friends in the crowd! I was 15, I think..