+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Home insemination failure :(

So my partner are currently TTC baby #1. We have picked our donor and charted my cycle for many months.

After much anticipation we did our first home insemination early June and waited our two weeks only to get a BFN!!

I have read lots of success stories about couples conceiving first try and I guess I hoped we would be in the same category...obviously not.

My question to all the successful home insemination conceptions...is there any advice you can give?

We inseminated 2 days before ovulation... The day of ovulation and the day after. Should we be doing it differently?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

In My Stride is offline 3 babies, 2 businesses, 1 husband & a partridge in a pear tree
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Friends of mine are due next month and home inseminated, it took 3 cycles to get a BFP, their donor lives in another state so they inseminated daily for 5 days in O week. The gyno told us for best chances we should do it every second day for the entire cycle. How accessible is the donor? Could you at least try every second day from CD 9 - CD 20 for example? Or at least more frequently than you did this cycle?

Good luck xx

PS the gyno also told me the best position for me after was the heads down, bums up position due to the position of my cervix, a quick health clinic visit to find out if you are inseminating a forward or rear facing cervix will make sure you are in the best position for ensuring those swimmers end up in the right spot
    Last edited by In My Stride; 14-07-2012 at 23:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our donor is accessible just not sure how willing he would be to be making deliveries every 2nd day :s but he is 100% committed to us so it is definitely worth asking even if just during o-week.

Thanks for the advice

In My Stride is offline 3 babies, 2 businesses, 1 husband & a partridge in a pear tree
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our gyno gave us lots of great conception advice which we've passed on & I'm pleased to say has helped some others. Peak sperm production is oe of them, sperm have approx a 72hour life span, for best conception chances he needs to ejeculate no more and no less than 1 x 48 hours, more often and the sperm will be immature & unable to fertilize the egg, less often and you risk using the 'debris' as they call it, which is old, dead or dying sperm. He only needs to stick to this for 48 hours before the first insemination & during the O week or insemination period, the rest of the month he can get his rocks off as little or often as he likes. It might sound painfully scheduled but better to hit the jackpot sooner rather than later and the 3 bits of advice I gave you seem to get the job done quickly for M/F & F/F couples alike

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are thinking we are going to inseminate every day from the day I get a +ve from my OPK.

Should we keep with this plan or should we try inseminating prior to a +ve test during the week leading up to O or should we just stick with our original plan?

We desperately want this to work ( just like any couple does) and I don't want to let any possible chance slip by. My emotions are high also as my BF fell pregnant on her 2nd cycle of trying and we would love nothing more then to be close in our timing.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You're better off inseminating before O than after as speem lasts longer than the egg once ovulated.

We are starting at home insem next cycle and hoping it works first go because our donor is moving interstate and it'll make it a little trickier (still do-able though).

We are going to try SMEP this cycle, then work out when to do it once he's not in nsw anymore.

Falling first go isn't that common sadly, hopefully you'll get your bfp next cycle!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's my thinking also. I know my dates I'm just a little concerned because AF decided to be late this month.

Our plan is to inseminate 3 days in a row, we are lucky because our donor is a friend who lives close by. I hope you don't mind rainbow road but I subscribed to your TTC blog as your situation is similar to ours.

I'm hoping for a BFP beginning of Aug as my best friend is already pregnant and fell on her 2nd cycle I'm a very large green eyed monster when she talks about her newly developing bean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KrysnJess View Post
    We are thinking we are going to inseminate every day from the day I get a +ve from my OPK.
    Hey,

I did this and conceived first time with DS1 and second time with DS2. We inseminated for 3 days in a row from the day of the positive OPK. It wouldnt hurt to get some preseed also.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just had my second bub but when my donor and I were trying we inseminate before O and twice after just incase I was late ovulating. We got a BFP our second month of trying.

Best of luck in your exciting journey!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had two boys with a DIY. Best advice I could give is an impossible one to put to practice - relax and try not to stress.

Otherwise... With both we had sex before insemination and then again after, then lay down for as long as comfy. We both inseminated only once per cycle, 2 days before ovulation, but our donor didn't have fun with his wife or himself for 5 days beforehand so it was quite a hefty donation every time!

Also, his wife helped him every time he donated, they say the more into the person the man is, the more and better quality the sperm is. So if instead of walking the dog himself your donor has a special someone (that he's into!) that can help him gather all the little guys into a sterile cup, that would be very helpful.