+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Woven Wraps for carrying baby

Just a question for those of you who own woven wraps...I was going to use my old Moby wrap to carry bubs who is due early November,but I'm thinking it might be starting to get a bit too warm by then for that type of material....

Upon reading some descriptions of woven wraps for sale on various sites,it says that they are thinner/cooler than the cotton jersey moby/hugabub type wraps... Can anyone tell me if you found woven wraps cool to wear in spring/summer?

Also has anyone bought a wrap from woven wraps Australia website? They have some absolutely gorgeous wraps on there but are very pricey and I've never heard of some of the brands...any recommendations would be great! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you have facebook, join the baby wearing buy sell and swap page. There's women on there with a wealth of information about woven wraps! I have a cotton-wool blend one, which is very warm because of the wool. But I've heard 100% cotton wraps are so breathable they're nice and cool in summer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunandstars17 For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (15-07-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What she said! Join the FB group - they are fab.

I have got a few woven wraps - 2 girasel cotton wraps and 1 oscha linen wrap - both are apparently quite cool and newbie friendly (2nd hand so broken in). They were all about $200 each.

Also, read this blog - she also from the FB page. http://whereintheworldiserin.wordpre...f-woven-wraps/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely prefer wovens, they are much stronger and hold better than the moby/hugabub. I have three, vatanai, ellaroo and a didymos. Vatanai is regarded as one of the best for warmer weather and it is pretty thin, it's my favourite. Ellaroo is pretty good as well and is a bit cheaper, but the didy is really thick and too warm. Another option would be a gauze wrap, like bali baby breeze. But those will be a bit harder to wrap and are not as supportive. Also using single layer ties for summer helps too. But when it's really hot it doesn't really matter what you use, having another body on you is always warm
    They are pretty expensive, but keep an eye on ebay/gumtree too, they pop up every now and then. It's easy to get addicted, there are some beautiful ones out there!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunbun For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with joining the Facebook group. As well as having a lot of info there are second hand wraps at very good prices.

I've got quite a few wraps - my favorites for summer would be my vatanai andy didymos jim salvia - both still excellent with my 12kg toddler. I purchased but of mine for under $150 each.

I'd also say that my Girasol and BBSlen are relatively cool - Ive used both during summer and as they have fairly open weaves they let some air through.

Wraps by the same manufacturer different greatly with the materials, weave and thickness between all of the different color ways. Even some of the same wraps in different releases can have significant differences.

As Hunbun says strapping another little person to yourself in summer is not going to be cool - but a thin woven will definately be cooler than a stretchy wrap.

If you can, try to get along to a local babywearing meet - you can try on lots of different carriers and be shown different carries.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you so much ladies! Lots of helpful info there! And that blog link was great,thanks Buttoneska
    I don't have facebook (shock/horror!) but I spent all night browsing woven wraps/wrap forums and I think I'm in lurve so I think I'll definitely be purchasing one....now just to choose colour etc...so many options! Thanks again!!
    Last edited by Rockett; 15-07-2012 at 11:28.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockett For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (15-07-2012)