+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default toddler remembering/wanting breastmilk

I am expecting Bub2 in three weeks... I breastfed dd until she was 18 months old (so finished up 5 months ago) mainly because my supply simply stopped :-(
    Anyway she hasn't forgotten about it and is still obssessed with my boobs:-) She has also started asking when "mummy's milk come back??" and insists she will have some and share with the baby?! I havent put these ideas in her head...
    just curious to know if anyone else has experienced a similar situation? and how they responded. Im happy for her to have breastmilk and was sad to stop feeding her but Im really paranoid about the teeth now and i know my partner will not like it... anyways just throwing it out there? please share! thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My toddler was very enthusiastic to feed after baby arrived and my milk came in.

I was happy to feed both, and i am really happy with my decision to keep feeding.

I have set some boundaries for the older child, (e.g. no feeds overnight or before breakfast) and she has settled down to 2 or 3 feeds a day if we are home.

Teeth have never been a problem for me.

I did not like feeding both kids at the same time, so only feed them one at a time and the toddler is second in line.

What do you want to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I fed my toddler until 22 months when i was 20 weeks pregnant. When DD2 arrived she commented a couple of times about how I've got milk "in there" now. Twice i think she said that she "needed" some milk too- She didn't push it though so i let it go and she hasn't mentioned it since

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am curious as to how she will react when she sees bub feeding... i am happy for her to have breast milk but probably not direct from the boob :-) she bit me causing HUGE damage the last time she fed. I have explained to her they are bubs boobs now and she seems ok with that... so we will have to wait and see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps try the 'you're a big girl now' line...?
    You could always express some for her, or give her a warm milk at night when you are feeding bubs before her bedtime and sit together while she drinks it and you feed bub?
    (I have no experience!)