+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Up down Up down at bedtime......

Let me start off by saying that I love my DD more than anything in the world. I will also add that I know that there are parents out there who have lovely LO that sleep alot less than DD... however.... almost every night since she was 3.5months she goes down to sleep between 6 & 7 and she is up and down every half hour to an hour until 9 ish sometimes later, when she goes down for the night with only 1 or 2 wake ups (this I am completely happy with). DH and I try to pay attention to whether she might be too hot or too cold, hungry or overstuffed but still no idea how to fix it... tonight I give up ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly, I would just let her be. Sounds like she is just lapping up more attention from you. Don't rush to her every time she makes a noise. The longer you leave her each time the less she will do it.

You need to be consistent. The more you go to her the more she will expect it. The first times you stop going to her she will get upset, but she will get over it & learn that once you put her down for the night, that is it. Time to sleep.

Good luck - sleep issues are tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for morning viewers! Finally got her down nearly 4 hours after first attempt last night!

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds pretty normal to me. I would just go with the flow, and know that it won't last forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I will apologise in advance for this whinge.... but I can't keep doing this every night, I don't have the energy or the patience! We have a set routine that we follow 6 nights out of 7, I do my best to make sure she isn't hungry and warm/cool enough. We are however trying to transition from feeding to sleep to self settle (albeit with a dummy) could this be it? We have only been doing this for a week and granted her up down bedtime has gotten slightly worse but overall it has been like this for nearly 3 months... doing my head in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellies Mum View Post
    Ok, I will apologise in advance for this whinge.... but I can't keep doing this every night, I don't have the energy or the patience! We have a set routine that we follow 6 nights out of 7, I do my best to make sure she isn't hungry and warm/cool enough. We are however trying to transition from feeding to sleep to self settle (albeit with a dummy) could this be it? We have only been doing this for a week and granted her up down bedtime has gotten slightly worse but overall it has been like this for nearly 3 months... doing my head in!
    How old is she now??? Sorry have got a bit confused with the timeline!

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 months Smartiecat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the last two days I have gotten rid of the dummy from my 5 month old and she is sleeping incredibly well. I really do think the dummy was causing the issues.
    I went cold turkey with the dummy, went in every 5 minutes to reassure her, gave her a cuddle to calm her and it only took 15 minutes of complaining from her.
    It's important to check bub isn't hungry before you embark on getting rid of the dummy. Be strong and consistent. Day sleeps have also improved out of sight since the dummy disappeared.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    6 months Smartiecat
    Oh I thought she was a toddler. What is her day sleeps like? I think you may need to move her bedtime later