+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vent... I can't stand people like this...

I need to vent this somewhere, DP couldn't care less, and FB is way too obvious.

My sister's BFF, has finally left ( and by left I mean dumped by), her idiot abusive partner who is the father of 2 of her kids.

This happened last week. She has moved out, finally looked like she was getting her life on track and focusing on her kids.

She now has a new boyfriend who she wants to move in with her... It's been a week FFS!!!

I feel like telling her to stop effing around and screwing her kids lives with all these useless idiots she hooks up with and focus on giving them a somewhat normal life.

Last August I actually called DOCS to report her partner as he was physically abusive to her (she was pregnant with his baby, and had a 6 month old also his) and also to her other child who is not his.

She ditched anyone who bad mouthed him and tried to protect her and couldn't understand why her older child was acting out all the time.

Am I the only one who knows someone like this? I'm so p!ssed off and actually really sad for her kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I feel sad for her and her kids There must be a reason she is like this As far as not leaving the abusive ex, well, I don't think it's that easy sometimes. IT sounds like she needs support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I understand that it's not always that easy, however, he has been telling her to leave for about 2 years. She didn't want to leave because of his income and the lifestyle she wanted to live. (this from her own mouth)

I have known her, her whole life, and I mean that literally.

We have all offered support and it gets met with "I've been a mum longer than you, I bought a house before you and I can run my own life. Leave me the F alone" (this is a text I got from her and also her b!tching to my sister about my attempt to support her)

I'm done trying to help. The last 3 years, anytime I try to help, I get met with the same crap about how she knows what she's doing and to just f off out of her life if I refuse to let her run her life the way she wants.

It hurts that she has been basically my 2nd little sister for 25 years and acts like this towards me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People like this cannot be helped. I have lost friends I tried to help just be there when they fall if you feel that strongly about her. Sometimes people cannot be helped no matter how hard you try. I could not imagine needing someone that badly that you let your kids suffer. I have been that kid and I will never understand it. I guess be there for the kids when they need you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Unfortunately there are women who not only get stuck in cycles of abuse but also who for various reasons, repeatedly choose abusive men. It's sad, but its hard as a friend too. You feel like shaking her and saying "stop doing the same thing over and over." All you can do is be kind and compassionate, be honest with her if she asks, without being too cruel .. if necessary report her to dcp again if necessary, and take a break from her when it gets exhausting. Giving advice to her is probably useless because she has probably thought most of the advice herself before.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub