+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    she is a teacher at dd school. we see each other every Mon with our little sons . catch up via phone. i knew she'd left her 3 year old son in the car asleep once when picking up her daughter. not within seeing distance. that shocked me . the times we've been to her house she's been good about keeping the kids inside or where it is fenced. i have told her in passing discussion that i don't let my kids leave my sight . so maybe it's something i should have told her before the play date but i honestly didn't think people would do that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i don't think leaving her son asleep in the car at school pick up is that bad.
    but i do agree with letting a 9 year old be responsible for 2 x 5 year olds is.
    regardless of leaving the house imo.

what if something had happened?
    i have a 9 year old son and a 9 month old baby girl. he helps me but i would never ask him to take her or be 'responsible' for her. even my nephew the other day at the park who is nearly 5.....
    if something happened that poor kid would live with it their whole life. i think it is totally unfair to put that responsibility on them, let alone make that choice on your behalf to let your daughter go.

i'd be fuming, and probably wouldn't let her go on another playdate there unless i spoke with the mother about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be furious, I am in a nice well to do area BUT would never allow that to happen. That is the reason my kids will never have play dated without me until they are older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'd be furious!

It is hard to trust other parents to care for our kids...and this to me would mean I would not let my kid be in her care again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Your not over reacting at all. I would be mad as.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is far too young!!!! That would be the last time I'd let her go to,that friends house if it were me! I wouldnt say anything to the parent and cause a scene but would discontinue playdates. If the mother approached me to ask why then I would say something!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be furious and never allow her to go there again

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fact that there have been attempted child abductions in your area would concern me, but the children going for a short walk would not in of itself anger me.

I tend to follow the ideas of free range parenting and of teaching children to develop confidence and independence so if they were mature and knew road safety and how to react if someone approached them then yes I would allow them to go up to the shops alone to get an ice cream or similar(for example).

I would not cease play dates because of what happened but as you are upset/angry I would suggest that you talk to the mother so that she is aware of your concerns so that the same does not happen again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree in letting children develop confidence etc but that's up to me to decide. i am the one who chooses whether she walks without adult supervision not any other mum. she is aware of road rules we practice every afternoon when i collect her off the bus but that parent doesn't know where she is up to with things like that. she won't have play dates alone there. that was the first and last for now

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musicalmummy For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (16-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I agree, I would never let someone else's child in my care do something like this unless I knew it was ok with them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (16-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (16-07-2012)