+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Outdoor toys for one year old?

What are/were some of your 12-24 month old kids favourite outdoor toys? We have a little sand pit and a trike - and that's it!

17 month old DS LLLOOOVVVEEESSS playing outside but because we don't have many outdoor toys, he tries to play with the broom, dog house, lawn mower, edger, etc :-/

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tonker dump truck and wheelbarrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Trampoline, swingset, fort thingy sand pit, bats and balls....but honestly they will play with anything at that age which is just as good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Easel! DD loved hers :-) and it dose not matter if it drips.
    DD also loved her ball, and I bought one of those baby swings by fisher price or little tykes and was able to hang it in our clothes line. We have a hills hoist lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Those red and yellow coupe car things (they come in other colours but most common in red and yellow), water table, trampoline, whiteboard/blackboard with markers/chalk, a digging spot- for some reason even with a sandpit my kids like digging in dirt and doing gardening with a watering can and proper gardening tools, towards two yrs old- scooter, lots of different sized/shaped balls (good on a netted trampoline too), a clothes airer to 'hang washing', pram and dolls.... These are the things I can see outside now- yes our deck and yard are an absolute mess but the kids have heaps to do out there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandpit, dump truck, loader, mini ride on digger.. Mini trampoline. Golf set. Skittles. Balls. Slide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boy got a green john deere dump truck when he was 1 and he is about to turn 5 and it is still his favourite. His little brother got the yellow tonka dump truck (these are the ones they stand and push) he loves it but they do both occasionally want the green one. I think it is more stable and easier on their hands. They love the trampoline and they love their little cars.

We also dropped into Kmart recently and picked up a 25cm bike. It's a Lightening McQueen one. It has a rear wheel guard like a carrier so I removed the seat and he sits on the carrier and walks like a balance bike. It has peddals on the front wheels so they don't get in the way of him pushing and we left the trainer wheels off. He is the perfect height for it at 1 year 10 months old. The balance bikes are over $100 and then some but this was just around $30 I think.
    Last edited by natct; 14-07-2012 at 19:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the great replies

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids (aged 1 and 3) are obsessed with our water table. It was just a cheapie from ebay, but it has provided hours of fun! They also love the trampoline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i bought a sand and water table from kmart the other day for about $20. i remembered my son loving them, and my little girl loves hers too.
    i just dress her in overalls over winter so she doesn't get too wet or cold.

check out gumtree too - i got a huge (and i mean huge) outdoor playset for $150. yes, it's a bit faded but i'd rather that than pay $1000 which is what they sell for brand new.
    and you can't go past the old hills hoist swing set.

in fact, swings altogether are a winner. i got a gorgeous material one today from swings n things, but the old plastic ones are good too. or get an old tyre and make your own!