+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ex causing a fuss when you move on?

Has anyone's ex caused a tremendous fuss when you move on? I have been seeing a guy for a few weeks now, I only see him every second weekend when I dont have the kids. last night we went out for dinner and he stayed over. He left early to go to work. Shortly after ex pulled up in my drive to pick up some medicine for our son who had a cold and he noticed there was a dry spot where a car had obviously been parked over night. I have had abusive texts all day, previously things have been amicable. He is calling me a tart, saying glad i am finally getting a root, terrible stuff.

Tell me, how do you deal with this and how long does it go on? I feel terrible, we are in our thirties with two older children and he is carrying on like an imbecile. no secret as to why he is my ex. He left me FWIW and as far as I know has not moved on, nor do I care, but he cheated on me interrmittently throughout our relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Text back and tell him if he cant act like an adult then only contact regarding the children.

And be proud, sounds like someones jealous.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-07-2012),Mod-Myztik  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nemmi, I have just done this actually, although it isn't the first time I have told him. He goes up and down depending on his mood or how much he has drank. It is just so draining to have him in my life everyday I am just so over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep all messages just incase he gets very nasty and have to take him to court. Maybe even text him telling him to talk like a adult and that you are moving on and that he will.always be the childrens father and that ur not replacing him as the kids father figure he might feel threatened

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. I do keep all his messages, I hate to think how long that thread must be on my iphone. I havent heard from him today and it is so nice to get a break from it. I definitely am not looking at all at introducing anyone to the kids, they are older and they go there for four nights every second weekend so I just see this as my time and am enjoying myself after being in a sixteen year relationship since I was 18 - it is nice to know there are decent men out there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsOptimistic For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (15-07-2012),lovesushi  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I overreacted a bit when FOB started seeing someone a few months after I moved out It wasn't that I wanted to be with him myself, just that it seemed so unfair that he got to have a life and go out and meet people while I was always home with DD. To his credit he was very patient, didn't react to my nastiness, talked to me about how I was feeling and why, and agreed to have DD more often so that I could also have a life.

After a week or two I got over it and we have been good friends ever since.

Hopefully your ex will calm down soon and get used to the idea..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He is acting out, it's the first time. My sister advised me to make up a fake boyfriend to help FOB get it out of his system, so he wouldn't screw up anything that did come along.
    I have just started internet dating, after 5 years of turning down any dates, and he saw my profile and posted stupid things on FB about hating subterfuge. He is a moron..we dated for like 3 weeks, made a baby and have tried hard to be friends. I have told him that he is happy to date, that I would love that for him, and hope he finds someone, but he lies about it. We had a big fight recently, and he left his phone in my car..he is always on it, so I had a look..he was busy arranging dates off the internet. So he can have no comment about me doing the same, silly boy.
    I am glad you met someone lovely, rad for you, boo for him.