+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    629
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Angry Seriously!!!??? Another bloody tax!!!

    http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/new...ery-bills.html

    ofcourse the politicians are ok with implimenting it...they can afford to pay it with their $5000 pay rise!!!
    might as well hand in my whole salary to the tax office...thats whats it coming to!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe people can stop saying low income earners pay no tax...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,700
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked
    503
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Should bring in a w@nker tax, the govt would be stuffed

    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

    ElleB  (14-07-2012),Mulva  (14-07-2012)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,611
    Thanks
    404
    Thanked
    1,918
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The proposal sounds reasonable. You pay a refundable deposit on glass or plastic bottles that hold beverages.

    Outside of milk, none of these are necessary items, as they would be alcohol, soft drink or juice containers.

    So you can mostly avoid it by not buying these items, or by returning the empty items.

    I don't necessarily believe it would cost consumers an extra $300 a year, as it could be a beat up by the grocery council, who are trying to protect sales.

    The article I read said the actual difference to the consumer if they recycle the items could be less than predicted.

    I think any measure which forces us to evaluate our wasteful behaviour should be considered. They need to start charging for plastic bags at supermarkets as well.

  6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

    ABigDeepBreath  (14-07-2012),Annabella  (14-07-2012),Atropos  (14-07-2012),Busy-Bee  (14-07-2012),Clementine Grace  (14-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (14-07-2012),FutureMa  (14-07-2012),Happy2be3  (14-07-2012),Lillynix  (14-07-2012),MrsBeee  (14-07-2012),Renn  (14-07-2012),Tainted  (14-07-2012),Turk EnJayDee  (14-07-2012),wrena  (14-07-2012)

  7. #5
    Ana Gram's Avatar
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    18,597
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked
    3,125
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post

    They need to start charging for plastic bags at supermarkets as well.
    This is already in place in Canberra, it's supposed to be plastic bag 'free'. if you forget your own bags, you have to buy one at most places. Same with Adelaide I think.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    854
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    226
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Should bring in a w@nker tax, the govt would be stuffed

    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    I'd vote for that!!

    But really, I don't understand (Granted i only skim-read the article.) The cost of everything in plastic bottles goes up 10c, then I can get it refunded when I return the bottle somewhere to recycle...is that it?? But I already put all plastic & glass empties in the recycling bin. So what is the point?

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,700
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked
    503
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They seem to basically be bringing back an old scheme, the 10c refund used to exist and now theyre bringing it back.

    It still does exist in s.a as far as i know

    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    1,270
    Thanks
    376
    Thanked
    362
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    The proposal sounds reasonable. You pay a refundable deposit on glass or plastic bottles that hold beverages.

    Outside of milk, none of these are necessary items, as they would be alcohol, soft drink or juice containers.

    So you can mostly avoid it by not buying these items, or by returning the empty items.

    I don't necessarily believe it would cost consumers an extra $300 a year, as it could be a beat up by the grocery council, who are trying to protect sales.

    The article I read said the actual difference to the consumer if they recycle the items could be less than predicted.

    I think any measure which forces us to evaluate our wasteful behaviour should be considered. They need to start charging for plastic bags at supermarkets as well.
    I feel the same. In all honesty, I want my children to have a clean place to bring up their kids and grandkids, I want them to be proud of "my generation" for trying to minimise landfill and pollution.

    I don't think people realise how much plastic ends up in our oceans, in the guts of our fish and then we eat them and consume god knows how many toxic chemicals because of it. No thanks. I'll gladly recycle anything I can in order to protect my children's future environment.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

    ABigDeepBreath  (14-07-2012),FutureMa  (14-07-2012),Lillynix  (14-07-2012),share a book  (14-07-2012),wrena  (14-07-2012)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    854
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    226
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk EnJayDee View Post
    I feel the same. In all honesty, I want my children to have a clean place to bring up their kids and grandkids, I want them to be proud of "my generation" for trying to minimise landfill and pollution.

    I don't think people realise how much plastic ends up in our oceans, in the guts of our fish and then we eat them and consume god knows how many toxic chemicals because of it. No thanks. I'll gladly recycle anything I can in order to protect my children's future environment.
    While I really agree with your sentiment, I, and everyone I know, already gladly recycle everything we can. So I don't see the point of this proposal.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't be concerned if it were on non necessary items, but what about things like milk, and olives etc? Would food items be excluded?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    The proposal sounds reasonable. You pay a refundable deposit on glass or plastic bottles that hold beverages.

    Outside of milk, none of these are necessary items, as they would be alcohol, soft drink or juice containers.

    So you can mostly avoid it by not buying these items, or by returning the empty items.

    I don't necessarily believe it would cost consumers an extra $300 a year, as it could be a beat up by the grocery council, who are trying to protect sales.

    The article I read said the actual difference to the consumer if they recycle the items could be less than predicted.

    I think any measure which forces us to evaluate our wasteful behaviour should be considered. They need to start charging for plastic bags at supermarkets as well.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Bloody men!!!
    By MissWinter in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 18:25
  2. Bloody facebook...
    By c2p08 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 00:19
  3. My bloody ex!
    By c2p08 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 21:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
henry and grace
Summer Cool. We are the only brand in the world to use ultrafine Merino wool to produce the finest, softest & most luxurious garments whilst keeping mum and bub cool and dry. Wear them multiple times before machine washing-hard to believe, but true.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!