+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I think a lot of the people who have posted saying no only have one child and/or their children are quiet young <3
    That is exactly what I thought!

I never yelled at my kids when they were babies/toddlers.

But as they have gotten older, they just push and push and push in different ways and I am only human and yes, I sometimes snap. They drive me bonkers!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blueberry Crumble For This Useful Post:

Amira  (15-07-2012),CMF  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah I never yelled at jasper as a baby or toddler.

When he was a baby he couldn't make me angry but now he's talking and understands me it gets under my skin. Like "mummy can I have bickie?"

"Sorry we don't have any, we'll get some from the shop later"
    "Can I have a bickie?"
    "I just said we don't have any, we'll go to the shop when daddy gets home and get some"
    ".....I want a bickie?"
    "We don't have any"
    "I want a bickie"
    "We don't have any jasper"
    "I want a bickie"
    "Why can you have a bickie?"
    "They're at the shops"
    "Yep & we'll get some later"
    "Oh.....but I want a bickie now"

*any repeat until we get to*

....."I. WANT. A. BICKIE!!!!!!"

"WE DON'T HAVE ANY!!!!!!!"

Hence - why I run away to cool off because we get stuck in a loop until I pop. Throw in some night's I only get 1.5 hours sleep good times.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh but he always trumps me if I ignore to break the cycle him and he starts going "mummy mummy mummy mummy mummy mummy MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MMMMUUUUAAAAMMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

"What?! What do you want?"

"*pout* I want mummy"

:-/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, only one child here, but she is about to turn 9 and at one stage I had 5 living with me and worked a 30hr week. I think you get to know them and know what works and some people are yellers, some are not. When I mentioned child safety, it was about more than just yelling, it was overall violent behaviour, having the police called on them multiple times each week. Now they have a baby they are both medicated and have not et had major dramas. They turned on me instead.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes OP I yell. I try not to though because I don't like it. But I won't lie I lose my temper and I yell..... I am quitting smoking again at the moment (day 5 YAY me) and I have actually managed to keep my cool this time. I am just practicing deep breathing when I feel that frustration or anger rising. The think I hate most about yelling at my babies is what I am teaching them. So I will continue to try and keep cool but I am not confident enough in myself to say I will never yelll again...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a lot of the people who have posted saying no only have one child and/or their children are quiet young <3
    I fall into that category (I have one child who is 2), but I don't agree with the statement, as I believe that some people are just not 'yellers'.

I can't think of a time in my life when I have ever yelled at anyone. As I said earlier, I wasn't raised in a household where anyone yelled, and DH and I have never yelled at each other. I honestly can't think of an occasion where anyone has yelled at me either - even ex boyfriends... For me it would be a bit of a deal breaker.

I'm not criticising anyone who does yell. But some people seem to think it comes naturally to everyone, and for me it never has. The angrier/ more upset I get the quieter I tend to get. That's what comes naturally for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I fall into that category (I have one child who is 2), but I don't agree with the statement, as I believe that some people are just not 'yellers'.
    I am the same. I just don't yell. My mum did but Dad hardly ever did and I follow his style a lot more.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I yell at my almost 3 year old DD and hate that I do it. She just makes me so mad when she pushes and hits DS constantly. I'm trying to change my ways as I don't believe yelling helps at all.

When I do yell at her she just looks at me and tells me to "calm down". LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are only 1 and 2, but I've had a large range of high behavioural needs foster kids in my care over the years.

Even if I wanted to yell at them I wasn't allowed to.

My dad has yelled at me once and it's a vivid memory, he lost his patience with my brother and I bickering. He had better alternatives to yelling.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not saying *everyone* should or does yell I just think its silly to compare parenting styles without bringing the family dynamics into it. I'm sure if my boys weren't spirited children who harmed each other what seems like constantly some days I would have very little need to yell either.

I'm curious to know, if another child was going to harm your child would you yell out or would you let it happen while running over to them? Sorry but if my child is in danger I'm going to yell at whoever is about to harm them.