+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My pity is with your daughter.

I'm really glad you're getting help.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

austmum  (14-07-2012),Californication  (15-07-2012),Guest1234  (15-07-2012),insanity  (15-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Before I get flamed for my comment.

Yes. I am getting help. No I don't need your judgement. Yes there is much more to my story then you will ever know or understand so please please spare me the pity, judgment or whatever else you feel the need to throw at me.
    I don't see where I judged?!

Simply asked if you were seeking help - I'm glad to see you are!

No pity for you - only sadness for your DD!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes. I am getting help. No I don't need your judgement. Yes there is much more to my story then you will ever know or understand so please please spare me the pity, judgment or whatever else you feel the need to throw at me.
    It's pretty hard hey.

At one stage I just felt like I was yelling constantly, it was awful. I rang a couple of organisations, the local council etc, and was bawling my eyes out to a girl on the phone saying I just need to access some family counselling or something to help get me and my daughters communicating normally again (they were also snappy and yelling at each other rather than talking), and I was told each time 'Dont be too hard on yourself, everyone yells at their kids sonetimes'. Um.... Not helpful! I was reaching out for help and literally got nowhere!

Somehow things have improved heaps here, glad to hear you're getting help too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

share a book  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

No judgement, no pity, just asking if you have looked at why. Yes you have. I hope your relationship grows stronger and you can talk to each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    You know what keeps me from yelling? I imagine me being a Giant, my child a teeny tiny innocent person who is just trying to learn about the world.

That, plus there's no way I will be known as "the lady down the street who yells at her kids"

***Sent from my phone***
    This
    I have one of those ladies down the street and I can't believe how loud and out of control she gets some days yelling.. No screaming at her kid/kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had neighbours who would scream at everyone, my poor dd was a nervous wreck. They moved in about a year after I bought, took 5 years to get housing to kick them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have, not screaming yelling abuse or anything id never do that but a knee jerk reaction if shes playing with something she shouldnt etc ill raise my voice" Ellie!! Mummy said dont touch" that kind of thing. I do it without thinking sometimes. I dont like it tho but toddlers push ur buttons sometimes!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Crumble View Post
    Ofcourse I sometimes snap and yell at my children, I thought that was normal
    I think a lot of the people who have posted saying no only have one child and/or their children are quiet young <3

It's all well and good to give pointers but when I'm feeding the baby and my 4 yr old is about to pinch or bite his 3 yr old brother on the other side of the room I yell at him. Now that doesn't mean that I don't follow it up...and someone listening next door isn't going to hear that conversation. So I wouldn't judge unless you are actually a fly on the wall!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (15-07-2012),Amira  (15-07-2012),Bubbles10  (15-07-2012),grumpysmurf  (15-07-2012),Theophania  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    My mum used to lose the plot and scream and yell at us, which was quickly followed by flying dishes, cups, shoes, books and her chasing us to hit us, kick us etc...

So screaming and yelling is actually a trigger for me and the few times DH has lost his patience and yelled I've crumpled into a terrified, inconsolable ball.
    I understand. The only significant childhood memory of my father is him raging with his hand raised at me for being noisy when I was sitting in the loungeroom doing my homework, my older sisters were screaming at eachother but knew how to "go to ground" when they heard him coming. These days if DH raises his voice in the house (rarely) then I instinctively hide -> in the bathroom, toilet, I have even found myself in my wardrobe.

My father was abusive towards my mum and older sister, but this is the only time I remember him being shouty/threatening towards ME (so many unwanted memories of him screaming at my mum and older sisters) and it truly damaged me. Hence why I HATE yelling at my girls and try so hard to rise above it.

just hugs and positive thoughts. YOU know what you need to do/be. All the best of luck and positivity with it

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately yes I have yelled at my 4 year old, though can't remember the last time.
    I have a 17 month old too OP and I don't think I have ever yelled at her, except in pain if she yanks my hair or something. But that isn't really AT her, it's just because of her action startling/hurting me. I would be really upset with myself if I yelled at her, just like I am when I yell at DS