+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vent!! So over not having a car

Total first world vent here!! 3 weeks after my car accident we still have no car. And wont be getting it back for another week at least ! over it i feel so stuck and claustrophobic in the house...and bored!! Plus thr weather is crappy too. And my insurance company hasnt contacted me ive had to keep chasing them up. Ok vent over lol i feel slightly better. I dont know how people survive without a car and have little ones!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I survived a whole year! Is there public transport near you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah there is but lugging a 20 month old, pram and gear on a bus in rain for some reason doesnt particularly appeal lol. I just feel so stuck and food shopping online is annoying me too...always something out if stock so i have to try and get to the shops anyway. Didnt it drive u mad? Guess im just used to having one....ive never been without a car!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've got a car but I try to use public transport as much as possible, it's easy! I often take my 5 year old and 9 month old on the train, tram or bus. If you're organised you shouldn't need much 'stuff' for one 20 month old.

I actually wish I didn't need a car, but I have family who live too far away to not have one (as well as FOB). Cars cost so much money to maintain and run, it's a total PITA.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't drive at all, so I guess I don't know how frustrating it is! I'm sure once I learn to drive I won't be able to live without a car and will wonder how I did it
    Just a couple of tips to make it slightly easier:
    - expect to only do half of what you wanted to do, its a lot slower

-take snacks and something distracting for the waits but apart from that travel light. I just carry my handbag with a small drink bottle, small snack box with puffed corn and dried fruit, a disposable nappy, a plastic bag and a tiny pack of wipes. And about 15 matchbox cars which live in my handbag, LOL

- look on a map of the bus route and find things to do right on the route. If you have to walk far or swap buses it takes heaps longer! I've found great things to do that are over 5km away, but because its directly on our train line it's actually quicker to catch pt than to drive. Also things that seem close may not be as close via.public transport, there are 2 toy library branches near us, one is about 2km away the other more like 3, but the further one is on a direct bus route so we go there.

-put your bus ticket in your pocket, its a real PITA fumbling in your wallet while trying to control a toddler on a bus that's already off and driving.

-ditch the stroller if you can, when the bus is full or the disabled/pram spots are taken its hellish with one.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub