+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I wouldn't even know how much lego we have but it's lots..lol

All the sets end up mixed in with all the other pieces and pieces go missing so i couldn't be bothered trying to keep it all neat and sorted.

For storage we have a lego table with a drawer in it but it's rather tiny, one of those lego heads and just one of those plastic storage containers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have too much Duplo, there are about 5 big containers full in DSs room and then he has a table that's covered in them too. Duplo's a little harder to store though.

Growing up we had 4 of those 'shake' boxes where you put the Lego in the top, then shake and it sorts it into size groups, so all the fiddly little bits ended up in the bottom. We had a huge playroom (carpeted triple garage) and it was set up in there permanently to be played with, unused bits had to be put in the box while it wasn't being played with though.

If I had no restraints, I'd make a low line table with two holes in the top that have flat lids, then I'd have 4 thin drawers like the shake shake box, then they could sweep everything into the holes and shake the drawers to sort. But that will be for their Lego years, which are a wee way off yet.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have several Lego sets. They all belong to DH, not DS! Lmao. We keep them in a big plastic tub in the bottom of the linen cupboard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we have a huge amount of lego, easily hundreds of sets. my kids make the set at first but pretty quickly make it into their own random stuff. we have it all in this huge flattish plastic box on wheels that it belongs in. it would be a full time job if i had to keep sorting it all back into individual containers etc. bugger that. my kids are always playing with it anyway . they would get bored of playing with the same set just made into the same thing all the time? isn't the point of lego to create stuff?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Last edited by grumpysmurf; 14-07-2012 at 10:22.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (14-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is just getting into his lego and has a heap of the police & fireman city sets I was trying to keep each vehicle separate but that became too hard so like pp I brought a long box on wheels that goes under his bed is working well. I have also kept all the instruction books so if he does want to rebuild correctly he can. I would love one of those lego tables with storage underneath but at the moment we don't have the room for it

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has a double bed, lots of boxes fit under it. I've seen the Lego head, might pick one up and add it to her birthday pack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have lots. Sets don't stay seperated because DS1 breaks them all apart afew weeks after getting them anyway, so he can make his own creations.
    Ours is all under the beds. I have several stacks of mini drawers (each drawer is about 5cm deep) that he sorts all his lego into, so there's a drawer for little pieces, a drawer for minifigures, a drawer for traditional bricks etc etc etc. Then he has a big flat box (prob about 15cm high by 1m long and 50cm wide?) that is his 'creations box'. So anything he's made and currently playing with, goes in there.
    It works well for us and will be doing the same for DS2 when he gets abit older, I don't think he would stick to the sorting of pieces at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    i have something very similar to this. i bought 3 plastic drawer units from big w (think they were about $12 each) and i have sorted all the lego by color. all the lego figurines and their accessories go in the lego head a pp mentioned.

i started by trying to keep all the individual creations separate but when you have lots of lego it just doesn't work. plus my son loves making his own creations so you end up mixing and matching.
    i find by color sorting you can look in the book, find the pieces you need and then rebuild easily.
    i would hate to think how much money we have spent on lego. it would definitely be in the thousands. shame it's not tax deductible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes true, each set is over $100, some up to $200, the smaller ones like Whomping Willow and City vehicles are $10 to $20 each, tubs of Lego are around the $100 mark with about 1500 pieces in each. Not cheap at all, although the child has bought some herself. She is currently trying to sell some of her things to put the money towards new Lego sets.