+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So....some great news!

After mulling over it all day, DP could tell that something was on my mind. So I told him how I feel about it, that it really is a deal breaker for me.

He said that to him circumcision is preferable, and he feels like his hands are tied with this, but if it is that big a deal for me then he would never pressure me to consider it. He is disappointed, especially that it would be breaking "family tradition", but will respect my feelings about it.

Seriously, it is SUCH a relief, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I was stressing so much that it would turn into a big argument, so I'm glad that it didn't.

Situation successfully diverted! Thanks to everyone for your input

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~ElectricPink~ For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (14-07-2012),MissMuppet  (14-07-2012),Witwicky  (27-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    So....some great news!

After mulling over it all day, DP could tell that something was on my mind. So I told him how I feel about it, that it really is a deal breaker for me.

He said that to him circumcision is preferable, and he feels like his hands are tied with this, but if it is that big a deal for me then he would never pressure me to consider it. He is disappointed, especially that it would be breaking "family tradition", but will respect my feelings about it.

Seriously, it is SUCH a relief, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I was stressing so much that it would turn into a big argument, so I'm glad that it didn't.

Situation successfully diverted! Thanks to everyone for your input
    That's great for you and any future sons!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ooh this is us. im the anti circ he is pro circ. and we have three sons ugh! was a nightmare but in the end i have "won", but its come up and been a massive battle each time I've been pregnant. i hate that its like that actually, a situation where one of us "won". normally i would never steam roll my dh that way. i tried my best to get him to see my reasons and he just never agreed , never saw it from the anti circ perspective

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, so he argues that he'd want any sons to "be like him",
    This is apparently the most common reason for circ in the US and its a thoroughly selfish and not well thought out reason.

that it did him no harm.
    How could he possibly know? If you gave a newborn a lobotomy, they could well grow up saying it never did me any harm.

He also believes that it is necessary as it is 'cleaner'
    How do 80% of the World's men survive?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: DP is pro-circ, and I am anti-circ....I think we have a problem here!

We had the same issue here. I bought an info pack on circ that included dvds of info and the procedure being done ... Our boys are now 16 months old and intact

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were in the same position until antenatal class and the doctor told us if they made a wrong move and a newborn hammorrahged only 20ml it would be fatal and wouldn't be able to be given a transfusion. Scared the bejesus out of my husband and clinched the deal.

The doctor also talked about how boys are more like wanting to be like their peers and not dads and only 20% or less are circed so they are the odd ones out. He also discussed the function of the foreskin and how it actually prevents infections.