+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Natural labour after induction

With my first baby I was induced at 41+6 weeks. I had to be induced 3 times, episiotomy, suction baby out and heaps of stitches. I'm now 37 weeks with number 2 and really would love to go into labour naturally... Just wanting to hear from those who had to be induced ( overdue ) with number 1 how did your second birth start ? Thanks for your feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    DD1 induced
    DS1 spontaneous
    DD2 spontaneous but fail to progress so drip given
    DD3 spontaneous
    DS2 spontaneous
    DS3 induced medical reasons

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was induced with DS and he was born about 13 days overdue. DD came naturally at 11 days past her EDD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you... I was worried my body didn't know how to go into labour on its own... These stories are very encouraging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced too with my first and he ended up being born 10 days 'overdue'. I ended up being prepped for a c section but they ended up doing an episiotomy and using forceps instead. I was really stressing when I was pregnant with DD but determined not to be induced again. She ended up being born naturally 10 days overdue again, no drugs, a tiny tear (no stitches) and only 5.5 hours - so, so much easier than first time around.

I hope this is the case for you too. I know its easier said than done but try not to stress about it now. Baby still has plenty of time to come

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    First was induction.
    Second was spontaneous (the night before a scheduled induction).

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    DS was induced at 42+2. It was not a pleasant experience. S&S, Syntocin, ARM, continual monitoring, Epi, ventouse, 3rd degree tear and was left feeling like a failure.

I was determined I was not going to be induced with DD and had my first contraction at 41+2 and she was born the next day. Up until about the last hour of labour the contractions were just uncomfortable but very manageable, nothing like the induction. If you don't want to be induced you have the right to say no. Ask what your options are, offer to have regular monitoring, investigate more natural methods of bring on labour like s3x and accupuncture. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like if I went over with my first then chances are I will go overdue again... Is this how it's happened for most of you ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Munch & Moo View Post
    First was induced (although had I done more research I honestly dont really think I needed to be_ ;-(

Second - natural labour - and let me say going into labour natuarlly is SO much EASIER then induced! I only found about 2 hours of the whole thing that unbearable pain the rest was all not too bad. Great great great experience!
    Same experience for my first 2. Really regret not doing my research and being induced at 41 weeks. She would have come in her own time.
    Second experience was surprisingly pleasant!!