+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detajach View Post
    My mother cut my hair off when I was eleven.
    For misbehaviour.
    I wasn't asked. I wasn't given any warning. It was just done.
    And compared to the beatings I was given, having my hair cut was worse.
    I suffered such a blow to my self esteem. I was humiliated. For years.

Some of the beatings I received would make you cringe, but having my hair cut has always been one of the most unforgivable acts.

I agree with reasonable punishment. But not with cutting off a young woman's hair against her will.
    I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like the two teens are a bit.. different.. or something..why on earth at that age would you find cutting a little kids hair amusing or clever? How.. weird.. not very socially normal behavior is it?
    However, If some kids did that to my toddler id have to say something to them for sure. They are old enough to know better. I wouldn't take their parents to court though!!
    As for the sentence.. of cutting the girls hair.. I agree with it. It makes as much sense to me as this winding up being delt with by the law. Hopefully the girls have learnt their lesson. How blardy stupid do you get?
    But really.. why can't people just shout at each other and be done with it :what:

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by detajach View Post
    My mother cut my hair off when I was eleven.
    For misbehaviour.
    I wasn't asked. I wasn't given any warning. It was just done.
    And compared to the beatings I was given, having my hair cut was worse.
    I suffered such a blow to my self esteem. I was humiliated. For years.

Some of the beatings I received would make you cringe, but having my hair cut has always been one of the most unforgivable acts.

I agree with reasonable punishment. But not with cutting off a young woman's hair against her will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I watched the video and it seems that the detention, community service AND her hair cut, were a combined sentence for cutting the 3yo hair, PLUS for the harassing phonecalls she made.

So I assume the sentences have been split like:
    Her haircut was the punishment for what she did to the 3yo girl.
    The community service and the 30 days detention is in relation to the harassing phonecalls.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (14-07-2012)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In what world does anyone think it's okay to just cut some random persons hair.

That's just not on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    And NOW they should order the mothers hair to be cut for spelling the daughter's name Kaytlen.
    LOL that looks like a smartphone typo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with the judge.

Some random teenage girl put scissors near my 3 year old and i'd find it hard not to smack the smart **** bully *****.

They are 11 and 13 NOT 4 or 5, thry deserve what they get.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    If two older unknown kids/ teenagers cut the hair of one of my children I would be pressing charges. The way I read the article is they 'met' the 3 year old at a Mcdonalds and I am assuming that is where the hair was cut, the children were not known to each other. It is assault.
    Agreed! Thank god they 'only' cut her hair, and didnt permanently disfigure her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes well, as a previous poster said... Only in America lol

But aside from that, yes, if my child cut the hair off a 3 year old, id most certainly be getting the scissors and going chop chop to my daughters hair to teach her a lesson!

You know.. The lesson that says Do unto others...

***Sent from my phone***

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Meh. Cutting hair is hardly a horrible punishment for cutting someone elses hair against their will. It's a very light punishment tbh, and hair will grow back. She could even have a hairdresser fix it hours later and look relatively fine.

Yes, nobody likes a bad haircut... but jeez, it's cut hair. It's not like her mother scooped out her eyeballs and stomped on them in the courtroom as punishment. She cut her hair. Just like this teenager had done to someone else. Since she seems to lack empathy, maybe she was given a chance to feel how her "victim" felt (though, that said, I can't understand why you'd take someone to court for cutting your kids hair... I think I'd just go blow off steam on BH about it... lol).

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (14-07-2012),LoveHeart  (14-07-2012)