+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by rach85 View Post
    Mine were just over 6000 when I had the shot and yep- I had both fetal pole and hb. Mine looked like it was an ovarian ep but surgery showed it was just inside the tube.... Ruptured the whole thing anyway!!

Hopefully with such lower numbers you will have much greater success than I did.
    geez I'm so sorry I had a few tears reading that. I was 8 weeks but only measuring at 5+6.

In my life this has been the worst hell I've been thru. Even though mine didn't have a HB and fetal pole it was still my baby

http://www.ectopic.org.uk/candletributes/ I found this earlier and balled...

and can I say both the gyno and all the stuff on the internet says the meth shot should NOT be given a) in hcG over 5000 b)with a fetal pole or HB 3) with a tube measurement of over 3mm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had two. One with methotrexate and the current one resolved on its own. I'll see if I can find the link to my old preg diary which had all my levels and info.

Sorry for your loss delirium.

Cant post ATM as miss 17 months isn't playing ball when it comes to sleeping this evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    GirlsRock - I'm very sorry for your loss too. I'm thankful my m/c didn't end in a d&C. Take care of yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post
    I've had two. One with methotrexate and the current one resolved on its own. I'll see if I can find the link to my old preg diary which had all my levels and info.

Sorry for your loss delirium.

Cant post ATM as miss 17 months isn't playing ball when it comes to sleeping this evening.
    thank you, when you find the time that would be great. Have they found a cause of your 2nd as I was told the odds of a 2nd are only 10%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    geez I'm so sorry I had a few tears reading that. I was 8 weeks but only measuring at 5+6.

In my life this has been the worst hell I've been thru. Even though mine didn't have a HB and fetal pole it was still my baby

http://www.ectopic.org.uk/candletributes/ I found this earlier and balled...

and can I say both the gyno and all the stuff on the internet says the meth shot should NOT be given a) in hcG over 5000 b)with a fetal pole or HB 3) with a tube measurement of over 3mm
    Oh hun, you have enough to cry about but thankyou xx

It is a horrible thing and doesn't finalize as quickly as a mc with a d&c so it makes it very difficult. Of course it was you baby! It formed and grew to that point like any other bub

I was in hospital 4 days with 3 obs monitoring me and deliberating over the best course of action. At the end of the day they presented me with mthx or surgery as options because it was so borderline and hcg had started dropping ever so slightly on it's own... I picked the shot to try and save future fertility: how wrong I was!!!! Hindsight hey?

HUGS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I should mention the deliberation was due to them not being able to tell precise location- ovary or tube. It looked connected to both and they were concerned surgery would require removal of both ovary and tube significantly impacting my fertility. As a 25 yr old with no kids and a history of mc's and fertility issues they wanted to avoid that god love them. Unluckily eventually we had surgery due to rupture- luckily my ovary was saved and I'm currently in hospital, 38 weeks pregnant, awaiting possible induction after ovulating from that ovary and getting egg picked up by opposite tube. Crazy huh??? Probably not exactly what you want to hear about right now (sorry!!) but I want to give you hope xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so, so sorry for your loss *hugs* I know words won't really help, but I'm thinking of you xx

I've had two. First they tried methotrexate which didn't work, so I had a second shot which also didn't work ruptured two weeks after the diagnosis and they did surgery to remove my tube.

Second was last month, same side the egg latched onto the "stump" of my removed tube. We now need IVF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    geez I'm getting freaked out, it seems the shot isn't as successful as I had thought...

what was your hcG when you were diagnosed anjalee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    geez I'm getting freaked out, it seems the shot isn't as successful as I had thought...

what was your hcG when you were diagnosed anjalee?
    I was a rare case!! It can be an extremely effective treatment, it just didn't agree with me unfortunately, and I had horrible doctors at the hospital. I really really hope it works for you.

First time around it was 1000 I think? Then it climbed to 1700 after my shot which is why I had a second one. But I think it's meant to jump at day 4 then start dropping by day 7? Or something similar. Please, if you feel any discomfort or pain, insist they do more bloods and an internal scan. My hospital refused 4 times before I ruptured

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both mine were ovarian ectopics. One left and one right. Pretty much unheard of to have two ovarian ectopics.
    I'll jump On the laptop tomorrow and try and give you some links.

The old diary is called nervous ramblings of a hope to be mum or something like that. The last pages will have all the ectopic details and levels.

My recent diary should be easily found in my previous recent posts.

thank you, when you find the time that would be great. Have they found a cause of your 2nd as I was told the odds of a 2nd are only 10%