+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Default Ectopic pg - share your experiences

I was diagnosed with ectopic pg earlier this week and after a hospital stay I had the methotrexate shot on Wed.

I've been noticing I still have twinges on my left where the ectopic is, and after researching found most hcG's continue to rise until 4 days after the shot, which I found a relief, and also that the sac swells.

I'm having all these feelings of guilt that the shot was in essence, an abortion, something which for my body alone, goes completely against my morals. i know it's totally illogical and silly. Without the shot best case scenario I would have ruptured a tube and lost it, worse case I'd be dead.

Having had a m/c in nov last year the feelings of ectoptic are different. Fear the shot hasn't worked and worrying for a week to see my counts come down. Insane guilt. I'm feeling even more lost than in Nov.

I guess I just need to chat to other women that have been thru this....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    I also wanted to share this link as I found it very informative and supportive

http://www.ectopic.org.uk/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In feb this year i found out i was pregnant and knew it wasn't right well 5 days after i found out i was rushed to surgery because they were worried the tube was about to rupture. I went through lots of guilt because i was thinking that it was the same as abortion and i felt so horrible about it be realistically there was nothing that could have been done and i am glad to be alive.

Sorry i don't know much about the shot so can't help but just want you to know the feelings do pass eventually and you realise it was just a horrible situation that you had no control over.

I have extra guilt because i took the morning after pill and that can increase chances of having an ectopic pregnancy so i fully blamed myself until i came to the realisation that there was no point worring over it perhaps the morning after pill did cause it and perhaps it didn't and i will never know

Let me know if you want to chat about anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the same after mine. And it did feel different to my other miscarriages as bubs was healthy, just in the wrong place, when I allowed poison to be injected into my body. I'm so unbelievably sorry for your loss.

I also had the methotrexate shot, but despite hcg lowering my tube burst a couple of weeks later and I very nearly died. Please tell me they aren't making you wait a week to be checked? I had bts every 2 days but wish I insisted on ultrasounds to avoid the rupture and loss of my tube.

Please look after yourself and make them monitor you more!!!

Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I had bloods today, so 2 days after, then another on tues of next week. But I read on the site I linked that levels go up the first 4 days then should come down at least 15% in the 2nd set of bloods. I going to ask for an u/s on tues when I see the dr...

I'm sorry for your loss too

what was your count when you ruptured?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The day after I ruptured I was supposed to go for the last test and we fully expected it to be zero. I can't remember the exact number as I was pumped full of morphine that night and it's a bit hazy. The last test prior to the rupture was maybe a couple hundred??? Sorry it's 12 months ago on July 20....

My hcg was dropping really fast after the mthx shot so we were really confident, but it still went pear shaped. I hate to worry you but I wish I wasn't confident and I had heaps more monitoring and still had my tube

Glad you are requesting an ultrasound Tuesday. Huge hugs xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    My count on wed was 392 so it wasn't high. What was yours when you had the shot? the hospital said if it hadn't dropped 15% by the tues bloods I needed to go in and get another one.

There was no fetal pole or heart beat, did your bubba have them? I read 90% of EP's don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were just over 6000 when I had the shot and yep- I had both fetal pole and hb. Mine looked like it was an ovarian ep but surgery showed it was just inside the tube.... Ruptured the whole thing anyway!!

Hopefully with such lower numbers you will have much greater success than I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know anything about ectopics but wanted to send you big hugs. I had a D&C today after discovering bub had no heartbeat. It's sad when things don't turn out as we'd hoped and prayed.

Take care, I hope you get through it okay. xoxo