+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Needing sleep - Week 11 - Wanting to 'get rid' of all noise making neighbours !!!!!

Hi Lovely Ladies,

I'm here to have a rant about sleep. I go to bed between 9 and 11 depending on what's going on at home and what hubby and I are up too.
    But after I have big days or in fact any-day thats a bit bigger than relaxing at home I get deliriously sleepy. Today I went to uni to meet my proff, trained it home and by 2pm was in bed watching L word reruns. Then I wonderfully dozed off, warm, snug and content. It was like the most amazing 5 minutes of pleasurable drop dead sexy sleep, lights out!

Then 5 minutes later my evil neighbour (left side) brings in her rubbish bin, slams it against the fence, goes gets the green waste bin and then almost throws that through the fence into my bedroom.

At this stage I am fantasizing about her climbing into a bin and just staying there forever so I can sleep! Then 5 minutes later as I start to get over my sleep-rage issues the neighbours 25 year old 'kid' starts smashing his awful soccer ball around and bouncing it. I am now dreaming of a gun and shooting the ball... (yes the ball not the person )

How are you all coping with your nanna naps, i feel like i have lost the plot or something. For a psychologist, I am not doing so well with pregnancy and this increased need, or should i say LUST for sleep!

And earplugs hurt my silly tiny ear canals

I hope when bubbys born that they can hear bubby's night time wakings It would give me some revengeful happiness!

Tired Gurt xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neighbors can be so inconsiderate! Thank goodness the teenager who lived across from us moved out with his family last weekend- he would START washing his 2 cars, 3 motorbikes and Mums car with the high pressure hose at 8:30pm every Wednesday night. I am 33 weeks now and I was going to screw his head off!

As for nana naps... I live with rather loud, obnoxious parrots and can only imagine that luxury lol.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can totally relate!
    And Fingersxcrossed, we have eclectus parrots and a corella. Not conducive for afternoon naps!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We had (past tense, woohoo! They moved out!) neighbours upstairs who would start piano practice every afternoon between 2-4 and go for at least 2 hours they were very good and it was nice as long as you weren't a pregnant lady in your first trimester trying to sleep I would go and sleep in DS's room with him when he napped- I still could hear him when he woke but i would play a white noise track on my phone next to me which drowned out most of the piano noise, maybe you could try that?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had the same issue it might sound silly but ear plugs go down to bunnings and get some of those foam ones they use on construction sites. Close all windows/ Doors and all doors leading to your room, pop in ear plugs and enjoy the bliss.

I used to take a 2-4 hour nap every day in my first trimester, and after getting the ear plugs i was in heaven

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Blue tac!! I have little ear lobes and use blue tac - that stuff was heaven sent during my pregnancy!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

Tanzanite  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the windows and doors were shut Bluerose, I think that my house is not very noise proof and I am at the very end of a court so the neighbours noise all floode into my house. I might try the bluetack thing, it sounds like a genius idea! Thanks xx