+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your not alone. EXP and I get along great, I even get on well with his new fiancée which is even more rare! We've been split for almost 3years, the first 6months was the hardest but once we got past the bitterness and resent and focused on a civil relationship it's been bliss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have an ex but a couple I used to work for were had a great relationship with her ex. Her ex was his best friend and the husband's ex was the wife's best friend. The ex wife never forgave them for their affair but the ex husband did and he had a great relationship with both his ex wife and his best friend.

A friend of mine recently separated from her ex husband (they got back together for a few years) and both times they have split up they seem to get along together quite well.

I think it is great...my husband is a child from a very messy divorce and his mum refuses to have anything to do with his dad and it has been really difficult for him...even as an adult it is obvious it still hurts him even though he has accepted that it will never change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I grew up with a very healthy view of the way separated parents can be. I am the child from my dads second marriage and when I was born it was decided that my dads exDW and my sisters mum would be my god mother, the reasoning was that she was a good person and would always be a part of my life. She even dated my mums brother for a while after I was born and they lived in the granny flat attached to our house.
    Over the years she has had a few issues but that's just her and she's had them with everyone.
    She even came to my mum and dads 25th wedding anniversary a few years ago.
    So that's just kinda normal in our family and were all kinda just used to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We get on HEAPS better since we split up. Once we took away the pressure and expectations of being a couple when there were no feelings left, we were left with the good friendship and interesting discussions that we had originally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No we don't speak. He doesn't see ds either.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We did.. Until yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ex and I get along pretty well. We go out to gigs together and hang out with and without little man, we went interstate for a night at the beginning of the year for a festival. Most importantly, he still cleans the fishtank!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do not get along at all. Every contact ends in him losing it with me. He tells me he didn't even want to be with me yet is sooo angry at me for some reason. I don't know why, we have both hurt each other and I've ward he's moved on with someone new but the anger still remains.

He sees DS every Friday and every second weekend at this parents house and as they do the change of DS I can't even remember the last time I saw him and I haven't spoken to/texted him in over a month now. It's great!!

Of course id love for us to just call a truths and get along for the sake of DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No, not at all.

TBH, I think it is to do with him being a pushover and his gf being a domineering nasty b*tch. I think were she not around, we'd be able to be somewhat polite and DD would actually see him. (Not that I blame her for him being a spineless idiot - he should have the guts to stand up to her).

As it stands though, if I heard that he'd been somehow killed, I'd be content with that. A bit saddened for my daughter though, because she'd never get the chance to confront him in her later years (or reconcile if that's what she wanted).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope not at all. I think we've both tried at various stages, we just have two very different personalities and outlooks on almost everything, plus we now have a hostile history that is hard to just move on from. Once bitten, twice shy and all that. Not to mention I find it difficult to reconcile some of DS' disappointment from his absence at important things. I also find it hard to believe that he doesnt know and/or allows his partner to do some things that are borderline stalker behaviour, but generally speaking our DS doesnt appear to suffer from having two parents that arent able to be anything more than polite to one another on meeting and thats the important thing really.