+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who gets on well with their exes?

So, after 12 years together (9 years married), lies, betrayal, affairs the works, you would think that ex-DW and I wouldn't get on. The bloke she had the affair with is now her live in partner and I, to be honest, did a similar thing right at the end. You would think that after hurting each other so much that we'd hate each others guts.

But no! Weirdly, we seem to get on better now than we did for years. Maybe its because one doesn't feel more hurt than the other now? I don't know. But this weekend for example, her DP is going out of town for the weekend so we're going to catch up for lunch and then take the kids to the movies. She's now a really good friend. Oh, we have our moments like all exes do, don't get me wrong. But yeah, we get on really well and still enjoy each others company (in small doses lol)

Does anyone else have that kind of relationship with their ex? Where there is no romantic type of feelings there any more but you're still mates?

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So I was right, I am the only one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha - no I do too ... Will reply later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i get on pretty well with my ex, we still sometimes have a bit of an argument (usually money related lol) but that is rare now.

We quite often sit and have a chat/coffee over drop off.

I find his new wife hard to deal with (she was who he cheated on me with) but, i have little to do with her, so all good.

I hope in years to come things get even better, especially as DS gets older and wants both of us to come to things, although, DS loves my DH and calls him dad...so he is not used to ex and I coming to things with him.

Who knows what the future will hold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    i get on pretty well with my ex, we still sometimes have a bit of an argument (usually money related lol) but that is rare now.

We quite often sit and have a chat/coffee over drop off.

I find his new wife hard to deal with (she was who he cheated on me with) but, i have little to do with her, so all good.

I hope in years to come things get even better, especially as DS gets older and wants both of us to come to things, although, DS loves my DH and calls him dad...so he is not used to ex and I coming to things with him.

Who knows what the future will hold.
    That sounds familiar. Her DP and I don't exactly see eye to eye. We do handover away from her house now because of it. I refuse to have anything to do with him. Take him out of the equation and her and I get on fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum and dad get on great! They divorced over 10 years ago now and it did take a while but they're friends now we even still have a big Christmas get together

Thanks
    Reviews
    My exDh have been separated for a year and we seem to get on better now then before too, which I'm happy about as we want our son to be happy and don't want him too affected by our separation ifykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I hate him and would be surprised to shed a tear should anything happen to him... That may be horrible to say but he treated me very badly for a very long time and left me in a horrible mess while he got a fresh start. But we didn't have children together so there is no contact now

I think its fantastic that you can get along, good on you both

Thanks
    Reviews
    We get on ok if he doesn't have a new girlfriend. Only because he blows off seeing ds when a new one comes into the picture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get along with ex DP. We had a long time with lots of anger and hurt but seemed to have moved past that