+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tech savvy people - help please!

It's DH's 30th birthday next week, he is impossible to buy for! I have thought of something I would love to make for him but need some help...
    DH is absolutely fanatical for his NRL team. Last year he won a competition to play in a 'legends' match for his team. I think it was the high light of his life lol. They gave him a DVD of the game and there is some awesome footage of him running to score a try. I would love to screen shot that and print it and frame it for him, any ideas how to screen shot from a DVD on a computer? It just keeps screen shotting a black screen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *bump*
    Or anyone know of a place that may do this for me? Just tried the DVD in my computer and it won't play (very old computer!)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You would have to open it in a movie editor. Or a program like that.

I'll get back to you with more steps/info in a tic.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You could try pressing ctrl+i

OR try this:

* How to take as screenshot from a running .avi video (Windows Mediaplayer) *

Guide:

If you want to capture a screenshot from an .avi video playing in Windows Mediaplayer, you'll notice that it's not as simple as it sounds. Just pausing the video and taking a screenshot using <ctrl> + <PrintScreen> won't work, neither does capturing a screenshot with f.e. mwsnap or hoversnap: the picture is moving, all is black ...
    But it is possible this way:

Instructions:
    Pause the Windows Mediaplayer on the frame you want to capture, by using the pause button
    Select in the menu of the mediaplayer "Tools" > "Options"
    Click tab "Performance"
    In the "Video acceleration" (Or mine says 'play speed settings") area, move the slider to turn down or turn off video acceleration
    Click button "Apply"
    You can use the >> button to skip through the frames till you get to the one you want.

Then take the screenshot with your screencapture-tool or <ctrl> + <PrintScreen> (*)

Afterwards, move the slider back to "Full"
    Last edited by OJandMe; 13-07-2012 at 11:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah i did this for my ultrasound DVD I got. If you google DVD to jpeg or something like that it will give you loads of programs to use. I can't remember the one i used sorry. It was winDVD capture or something like that.

But you can choose either to capture an image every 5 seconds, 1 second etc, or just a specific time period.

Hopefully someone can help better than I can. I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't really do a step by step thing.