+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wanting To lose 30kg after baby

Ok so here I'm going to put finger to screen and write what I'm wanting to achieve in the hope that I'll actually stick to it!!

I gave birth nearly 2 weeks ago weighing a whopping 95kg, this is my second and after my last baby I nearly got down to my pre baby goal weight of 60kg, I was down to 65 kg and fell off the wagon then met my partner started gaining weight gradually then when we fell pregnant well put on more. So now I'm here, will go do my 'clean' grocery shop tonight and start tomorrow.

I have 30kg to lose, I was always really active when I was younger. Monday I will start the long stroller walks and another 4 weeks I will be joining a gym with classes.

My biggest weakness is chocolate, easy we could polish a block of Cadbury coconut rough off in a night!! Sad!

Anyway I'm looking for other ppl who want to start this clean healthy way of living too and motivate one another to achieve the best goals possible!

Happy clean eating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh do I hear you about the Cadbury rough!!! And I know how you feel about seeing 95kg, I went from 57 to 95 with my first baby (why didn't anyone tell me you can't eat whatever you like!) I'm now 4yrs post baby number 2 and a year ago I finally got down to 65kg, Met my fabulous dp, let myself slip, started baking daily and I'm now 86kgs... Or more...I'm avoiding the scales out of fear!
    Joining a gym with classes on monday, I already filled the forms,healthy shop also happening on Monday. So help me god I will not live with this! Good luck! (To you...and to me, I think I'll need it!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds exactly like me!!! The whole got down there, then got comfortable and bang hello ***, you've grown again!! I thought pregnancy you could eat anything the first time put on35 kgs the second time I was a bit better and only put on 8kgs but gained heaps in the comfortable stage!! Why o why is eating food so enjoyable lol.

Clean eating shop will be tomorrow and really looking forward to joining a gym.

Good luck to you, how long are you hoping to achieve your goals and what do u enjoy doing at the gym? Have you tried losing any before? Are you really strict with your food?

I really hope I can stick to it and have the motivation to keep going. I'm hoping writing it down and putting it out there what I'm hoping to achieve will help and taking accountability.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing!
    I'm 2 years post baby and still overweight! But in sayaing that, I havent put a alot (read - none) effort into getting rid of it. I'm 96kg and want to get down to a healthy 70kg at least. I'm a gym member, but do you think I go? I find other things to do and never seem to get there.....

Can i ask a silly Q? What IS clean eating??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lou, yep just like me lol I gained 10kg with bub number 2. I'm not giving myself a deadline or time frame, I figure if I don't put that sort of pressure on I won't feel so bad if I don't get there on time and give up iykwim. I have tried in the past and failed but not recently in a gym. I'm joining at 24/7 gym as I'm shy about public excercise when I get this big so I'm hoping to go at quiet times.

As for clean eating, I think the definition for me is just that eat clean, not a lot of sugar but have something naughty once or twice a week so you don't feel deprived, eat fish, lean meats, veggies, fresh fruit, grains and whole milk products (low fat options of say yoghurt often contain a lot of sugar) eat to your conscience. If you head is saying 'bad choice' then just don't eat it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What if each week we pick a day and 'weigh in'. The support may help and ensure we stick to it!!

Clean eating is pretty much no processed foods.

Anyone else want to join our losing weight journey, be accountable for what goes in and effort that we put out, share goals, talk about exercise programs, food and yes slip ups but most importantly support and encourage one another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll join! Before DD I was 64kgs, after she was born I was 90kgs! I only started dieting seriously when she was about 1, got down to 69kgs for a holiday I was going on, then since then I have been eating crap and have gained probably 10kgs (haven't weighed!) We are moving into our new house today and I would love a fresh healthy start! I'm doing groceries tomorrow night and want to stock up on lots of healthy, quick meals I can make. Things that DD can eat too would be good! Maybe we can make Monday our weigh in day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome!! It can just happen too easily can't it!

I'm about to go out to purchase some batteries for my scales (ahh yep they haven't worked for a very long time, I don't even know if they still do) and weigh in will be tomorrow. Eeek

My partner is doing the whole clean eating too but he's already started the whining and we're only on day 2 lol typical!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in too, I need to lose 20 or so kgs as well but mine can't be blamed on baby weight. I am a single mum working full time so I dont have a lot of time/money so any cheap easy ideas welcomed. I already go to the gym as many days as I can so it is the nutrition side i need to work on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to all of you. A few of us on the "weigh in" thread have lost weight pp. it's great to have Support from others. I have lost 31kg and am only 0.2kg from my goal. My lo is 2yo next month.
    I'm not knocking your plans or anything, but have to say 2 weeks pp is very early to diet, especially if you're Breastfeeding. That's not to say you shouldn't, but just make sure you look after yourself, give yourself time to recover and build your milk supply and enjoy the crazy hazy newborn daze!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (16-07-2012)