+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    i know you don't like the idea of them but what about a copper IUD? look up the copper multi-load
    Honestly the thing that bothers me most about them is that like the mini pill they don't prevent fertilization, just implantation. That makes me feel uncomfortable.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I have a lot of options :/

Perhaps DH can tie a knot in it

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    Perhaps DH can tie a knot in it

Maybe a diaphragm might be for you then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As far as a know, if you're wanting to stop fertilisation all together, your only options are diaphragm with spermicide, condoms or abstinence.

Both the mini pill and mirena (and copper IUD) don't stop fertilisation 100%. They provide two main barriers, they reduce the likelihood if fertilisation, but also create a barrier to stop implantation of a fertilised egg. So you would never know what action was happening.

One month you might stop fertilisation, but the next month prevent implantation of a fertilised egg.

*I can haz typos*
    Last edited by Lillynix; 13-07-2012 at 09:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am on the depo shot and have been since my DS was about 7 months old. I find it works good for me, I did put on about 5 kgs although I don't know if that was because of the shots or the decrease in breast feeding or just my laziness and poor eating habits!

Depo isn't recommended for extended periods as it can affect your bones so once my DS is weaned I will (begrudgingly) go on the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    It's tough isn't it? We're currently using a mix of withdrawal and condoms, and we hate condoms. I don't want to go on any hormonal contraception as we'll be TTC in about 6 months anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to weigh in with my Exp can I just say if you aren't ready for more children pls use something more reliable than condoms and withdrawal ..
    After ds was born I refused to go back on pill ... Tried but couldn't remember to take it ... Told dh I had been responsible for contraception for 12 yrs it's his turn now so we used condoms - we got caught up ONE time didn't use one dd was conceived.
    Safe to say we always used one after that ... Few months ago a condom broke ONE time baby3 conceived.

We always planned to have 3 children so not a tragedy but we didn't plan to have them so close!!!

Now we are done dh is having a vasectomy done while I am pregnant ... Happy days!