+ Reply to Thread

Default DS waking up & taking 2 hours to sleep

This is my 1st post. I have a 21month old, who is taking 2 hours to sleep & wakes up at 3am every night. I have recently weaned him off b-feeding & i think he wants that extra comfort?? I have also taken him out of his sleeping bag & use a quilt for him instead, because he was very restless with the quilt. Although I do believe that the sleeping bag was a better option.
    Just recently I have been leaving him to cry for quite a while, when its time to sleep at bed-time. I'm struggling more with the 3am wake-up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is he spiking or really full on crying? I don't think it's helpful to leave them to cry if they're distressed but only you know what your child's cries mean.

Have you considered going back to the sleeping bag? It may just be that there have been too many changes too quickly and he's needing a bit of security.

Oh and welcome to bub hub

Similar Threads

1. Help!! 5 week old waking at least every 2 hours!!
    By Momkey in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-11-2012, 15:08
  2. 15 week old, waking again every few hours
    By Banksy in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-06-2012, 09:08