+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adelaide - Lyell McEwin or Womens and Childrens?

any advice on which to choose?
    If i go to womens and childrens i'll be hiring a private midwife that has rights to the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Friends who have been to Lyell MAc preferred it. I have visited there and it is very nice. If I had been closer I think I would have gone there rather than private. Obviously the care you recieve is most important but to me having a single room was also a huge bonus. I don't think you commonly have to share at lyell mac. There are also low and high care sides I think. It depends which hospital you are closer to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had both of our babies (and will be having #3) at WCH. I can't fault the hospital or the staff. I had to share a room but that didn't concern me. Our midwives (both antenatal and delivery) were hugely supportive of natural birth and listened to me when I told them what I needed (space, quiet, to move position etc) the bonus for me is the nicu and picu if problems arise. Saying that, I've also heard great things about Lyell Mac. Goodluck deciding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lyell mac do have a nursery - I think it is level 2 though? so very sick bubs would need to be transferred but they can manage most stuff and could stabilise. There is also an adult ICU at the mac too. I hope you never need it. I would Have a tour of both.

Everyone will have positive and negative experiences of each place. Good luck deciding

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's tricky. I'm
    The same distance to each!
    Otherwise I'd just choose the closest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had both my boys at the Lyell Mac. Fantastic maternity hospital, couldn't fault the care I received both times. The birthing suites for low risk pregnancies are great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have had 2 babies at the Lyell Mac birth centre and was very happy with the care. The rooms are fantastic also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my son at Lyell Mac and was very happy with the care I received and if we have another one I will be going back there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had three at Lyell Mac and LOVED it! Can't fault them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my son at Lyell Mac and there's nothing I can fault, had such a great experience. I was in the low risk suite which has huge rooms, tv, deep bath, private courtyard and hubby got to stay with me and sleep in the double bed with me the whole stay. And all the midwives were so lovely, I cried when I went home cos I felt so clueless without having the nice helpful midwives with me anymore!