+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My daufhtwr told me I was the worst mother in the world and she wished I was dead. I told her that hurt me and that I would always love her. I then basically didn't talk to her for the next.hour and a half before bed. She was obviously upset by it and when she asked me why I explained to her that if I was dead like she wished then she wouldn't have me to talk to. Because she said it in the evening I told her to tuck herself in to bed because if I was dead I would never be able to do it. The next day we sat down and talked about what happens whwn you feel angry etc. and I told her that her words made me feel very sad and let her know I went and kissed her when she was asleep. She has never said anything like it to me since.
    I also think that it's too harsh a punishment to ground him for a week...I would go to he museum too. If it is the one day you two get together these.holidays to have fun I wouldn't take it from him.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to say it but you're going to hear a lot worse than that in the years ahead! It's seriously not worth dwelling over. He would of forgotten he even said it by now unless you keep reminding him
    Last edited by insanity; 15-07-2012 at 10:09.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (15-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-07-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I completely agree with Bubmum. I wouldn't punish a 6 yo for saying that. My son is 3.5, and when he gets back from his dad's he often says "I don't love you, I only love Daddy". Rather than get upset, I just explain that we have enough love for more than one person in our hearts. Children are still learning the power of words. Heck, I know plenty of adults who still don't grasp that concept. I think explaining why it upset you should have been enough, mixed with maybe punishing him on the day. I wouldn't carry it on, that seems very dramatic for such a small thing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (15-07-2012)