+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS got grommets in at 18 months due to severe glue ear. he was getting ear infections constantly and had basically been on antibiotics since he was 3 months old. he is now 24 months and they are still in. he has had 2 ear infections though (one very nasty one that took 3 courses of antibiotics to clear it) which resulted in blood dripping out of his ear. unfortunatley it wasnt our quick fix for his sleep problems either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD had grommets at 18months and 3yrs. Second time she had her adenoids out too. She was having so many ear infections and antibiotics. She was under for about half an hour but recovered really quickly the first time, took a bit longer second time around because of the adenoid too. Best thing for her as it put a stop to the ear infections. As soon as they started again we knew the grommets must've fallen out. This time around one of them had slipped out of place within a few months of the 2nd op but she seems ok. Funnily enough am taking her to the gp this week as she keeps playing with one ear (the one where the grommet has slipped). Her hearing was definitely being affected so the 2nd lot fixed that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello mummys and parents,
    i come her to look for information about glue ears and grommet and i found youse here which make me feel im not alone. before my son turned two a month ago i thought he was alright but i become worried that hes not like other kids his age who already are chattering away. so we have his ear test done and it was found he has fluid in his ears that may be the reason of his language delay. I am stressing out and causing me to have panic attacks because im studying at uni, my father in law has terminal cancer, and our house burnt down and then these issue now with my son's hearing and language problem. With all the problems coming all at once, probably any time soon i may have a heart attack. No, im trying to prioritize my son, i cant afford to get sick, im trying my very best to be positive. I had baby blues before that became anxiety and probbaly im having depression. Im crying all the time because my heart breaks with my son having ear problems and hes frustrated too that he cant communicate with us. We are meeting with the speech therapist and IE to help him out with his communication while waiting for his grommet operation.
    I am trying my very best to be a strong mum for my son. God knows if i can take all the pain & difficulties from my son..i would in a heartbeat.

Before finding this website, i feel so all alone, then reading all your messages i feel that i can communicate with you and not feel alone anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone with child under 2 need grommets?

Amazing results!! My dd was 20 months and the night of the op she slept through and then her speech and gross motor skills took off. Not to mention no more antibiotics, Yayyy!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MiniMaes For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (09-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    My DD had grommets put in at 12mths, after many, many episodes of glue ear. We had the choice to go on the public list and wait up to a year for the surgury, and risk further hearling loss and speech delay, or get it done privately (about $1k out of pocket). We chose to get it done ASAP, and the change was immediate and obvious - she was more settled, more vocal, slept better and sick less..it was almost miraculous - a new baby!

The surgury was fast 20minutes I'd say. It was very hard for me seeing my baby put to sleep, but she was out so quick and recovered within an hour. Her grommets lasted until 2yrs in one ear and 2.5yrs in the other, and we didn't require any more, she has been healthy since. I am SO glad we got it done quickly!

Good luck!

Hello Kaybaby
    May i know please whats the name of the private hospital you had your DD had the surgery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello BabyG4,
    May i ask an info regarding your DD2's grommets prcedure, did she have the grommet surgery and at same time adenoids and tonsils cauterised at one go? I mean, did it all (grommet, tonsils or adenoids) operations happened at the same time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone with child under 2 need grommets?

Quote Originally Posted by murielkyt View Post
    Hello BabyG4,
    May i ask an info regarding your DD2's grommets prcedure, did she have the grommet surgery and at same time adenoids and tonsils cauterised at one go? I mean, did it all (grommet, tonsils or adenoids) operations happened at the same time?
    No she didn't have the grommets at the same time. We were waiting for her grommets to fall out and at the time of the surgery one had fallen out and looked like a healthy ear and the other was intact. In saying that they do do the grommets at the same time as tonsils and adenoids unfortunately we had to go back 3 months later for another set..

I think I lost track of how many she had, she had 4 sets of grommets from 4months and last set at 2.5..