+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an ex friend who i have posted about before keeps on having kids despite families SA having custody of 4 of her kids and now she is preg with baby number 5 and due next month. All of the 4 kids were removed due to neglect. Her youngest 2 got removed not long ago due to her ex who had custody of them kept missing appointments with families SA and he ran his car into a tree with the 2 kids in it nearly killing them all as well as letting ex friend have the kids unsupervised which families SA didn't allow. The pair of them saw their kids as a cash cow spending the money meant for the kids on themselves and they always seemed to have stuff at cash converters in hock. Anything they get given or buy that usually ends up in hock a month or so later, even stuff loaned to them goes there too.

I just hope families SA remove this baby too as I highly doubt she's going to change, and this baby can have a better start in life than it's brothers and sisters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So so sad. Looking down at my 5 week old dd after a horrible night & morning, she still brings tears to my eyes with how much I adore her. Can't imagine what could possess someone to hurt a little baby, let alone kill them. Everything is expendable to some people. Our society is a shambles really. (More in ref to second story, first story is horribly sad & I wonder if the girl thought the neighbour would find & seek care for the baby in time. Still unexcusable.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    . Our society is a shambles really.
    This sums it up doesnt it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    So so sad. Looking down at my 5 week old dd after a horrible night & morning, she still brings tears to my eyes with how much I adore her. Can't imagine what could possess someone to hurt a little baby, let alone kill them. Everything is expendable to some people. Our society is a shambles really. (More in ref to second story, first story is horribly sad & I wonder if the girl thought the neighbour would find & seek care for the baby in time. Still unexcusable.)
    It really is hard to know what to think about that girl, she is obviously terrified of her mother. Tragic all-round.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have cared for a child whose mother concealed the pregnancy, he was placed with me straight out of hosp, he eventually went back to his mum, then 9 months later was back with us after she had another secret baby who was seriously harmed within days of birth. She obviously has serious issues and I have NO issues with saying that the majority of parents of children I have cared for should definitely be sterilized. Inhumane or not for the parents, the things that have happened to children I have cared for are indescribably horrific. THEIR rights should take absolute priority.

Children can experience the worst of abuse and still 'love' their parent/s. They don't know anything else, and anything else, even the safety of a loving but strange home, can be very confusing. Love is not a good enough reason to get your children back unless it is a situation like Share The Book described IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think she was necessarily terrified of her mother. The mother in my story certainly was not terrified of anyone, she has psychological issues and made some terrible terrible choices and is lucky her second baby is alive. Nobody knows why the mentally unwell make the decisions they do, often they don't even know themselves.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think in situations where sterilization "could" be considered (severe repeated abuse & neglect of multiple children) ... I have a better idea.... life in prison...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is very unfortunate, how can she leave a very young child to freeze to death and yet she is again pregnant. Somebody should do something about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She has an intellectual impairment, so managing contraception is likely to be very difficult for her. I doubt she planned to get pregnant again.

This whole story is so tragic and sad. Not only due to the loss of a precious baby... But I also can't imagine how anxious and confused she must have been - giving birth alone in the bathroom... Feeling so anxious about her mother finding out. Her mental age could be quite young (far younger than 18). Given the problem of sexual abuse of young people with II, I wonder if this is why she concealed the pregnancy. Just a hypothesis, but possible.

As pointed out by previous posters, her carers should have helped her find an appropriate contraception for her. And maybe they tried to. Education around family planing is so important for young people with a disability... For these very reasons.

Just so sad...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABigDeepBreath For This Useful Post:

Benji  (19-07-2012),share a book  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABigDeepBreath View Post
    She has an intellectual impairment, so managing contraception is likely to be very difficult for her. I doubt she planned to get pregnant again.

This whole story is so tragic and sad. Not only due to the loss of a precious baby... But I also can't imagine how anxious and confused she must have been - giving birth alone in the bathroom... Feeling so anxious about her mother finding out. Her mental age could be quite young (far younger than 18). Given the problem of sexual abuse of young people with II, I wonder if this is why she concealed the pregnancy. Just a hypothesis, but possible.

As pointed out by previous posters, her carers should have helped her find an appropriate contraception for her. And maybe they tried to. Education around family planing is so important for young people with a disability... For these very reasons.

Just so sad...
    Very well said. That's exactly how I feel. I find it really sad when people jump on the judgement bandwagon without thinking about it more.