+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The people in those articles are very, very young. What they did is just unimaginable, shocking...but they may grow up to realise the true extent of what they have done and be completely remorseful.

I find it distressing beyond belief, but sterilising people imo won't bring back those babies. I believe more funding and support of docs having more power to prevent things like this with children at risk would be better.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (12-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (12-07-2012),Gandalf  (12-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (12-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (12-07-2012),share a book  (12-07-2012),Witwicky  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Education and support/intervention is the key I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find it interesting that the first one was so so frightened to tell her mother that she hid the baby and then left it in the driveway, and that she has an intellectual disability. What does that say about her mother?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was the parents of the intellectually impaired girl, I would have taken her to the doctors and got a contraceptive implant as soon as she was about 15 years old / or I knew she was sexually active.

No need for forced sterilization these days I feel. Human rights....

My mum took me to Dr and put me on the pill as soon as I was sexually active. Whether that's right or not I don't know but if these parents had done the same thing it might have prevented the horrible short life of that poor little baby Maybe?

I'm not pointing blame ....just looking at how it may have been prevented.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg those poor babies
    RIP precious little souls xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Why do people keep choosing to have more when they are inompetent. I've seen so many who have kids in foster or kinship care, don't fight for them, but have more.
    Yes it's disgusting. I know someone who has 2 kids in care (that she doesn't even try to get back) and another child living with the father and she's now fallen pregnant to some random guy.
    I hope docs take the baby before she leaves the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    This.

Sorry baby hit send. My niece was deemed to be at risk due to her mothers past history with her other 2 children she was removed from her mothers care at 3 days old before she was discharged from hospital, so they do intervene when they know it's needed.
    Im glad this happened sometimes! I know a woman who lost her first 2 kids, 3rd was taken at birth. She has none of these 3 back but has now been able to keep child 4+5!!

So messed up! Particularly as its plain to see on fb that she hasent cleaned herself up!

Iys like they thought 'oh she keeps having kids, so maybe if we let her keep 1 or 2 she will stop!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor babies

I know of a few girls who are up to their 5th and 6th kid each. All get taken off them by 6 months old, many from birth. They smoke, drink, take drugs through pregnancy.Families rife with crime and abuse. It's so sad watching those poor little kids. I wouldn't want to take away someones human rights, but I see what happens to these poor kids, their mums need sterilizing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Yes it's disgusting. I know someone who has 2 kids in care (that she doesn't even try to get back) and another child living with the father and she's now fallen pregnant to some random guy.
    I hope docs take the baby before she leaves the hospital.
    It would be nice if people could be assisted in getting their kids back. Obviously one living with the father is different, but I would like to see (where possible) parents getting kids back in their care. Not just keep getting them taken away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    It would be nice if people could be assisted in getting their kids back. Obviously one living with the father is different, but I would like to see (where possible) parents getting kids back in their care. Not just keep getting them taken away.
    Nice? They usually get taken away for very good reasons. I know a few people who's kids get taken away. They have been offered every kind of help available and they just don't care and can't be bothered.