+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Aches and pains in 2nd or subsequent pregnancies

I am 15 weeks with my 2nd baby and my belly seems so heavy and aches a lot already. Sounds weird but it actually feels like baby is really low already. My lower back also aches.

Ive read that this is quite common as everything is stretched from the 1st time, but what treatments work for this? I feel like just sitting in a warm bath for the next 25 weeks or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 35wks pregnant with my 2nd and OMG yes I can relate.

From early on my pelvis area is so much sorer and also from about halfway I have been getting the 'kicked in the vjay-jay' feeling when I stand up for lengths of time.

This bub is up much higher than my son was as well and the jabs to the ribs and the heartburn are not fun. I guess I will be complaining about more pelvic pain too when she decides to start moving down haha.

I went to 42 weeks with my DS and honestly loved every second of it (except for MS!) with this one I was over it by 30 weeks lol. I'm having a ceasear this time round and am counting down to my booked in date!

Not much advice, just sympathy as I know how you are feeling xx

wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Baby4us,

I can so relate! And I am only 10 weeks pregnant. My first pregnancy I felt nothing, my second (which ended in a mc at 11 weeks) I felt a bit of cramping at the start then nothing... but this one!!! My gosh it has been painful. Not sure if I have the same as you, but I get dull aches and shooting pains in my vagina and a bit further up. My OB suggested I rest often and prop my feet up on a pillow... I'm sorry that is all I can suggest, I'm sure there is heaps you can do though.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth.

Oats x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wildoats View Post
    Not sure if I have the same as you, but I get dull aches and shooting pains in my vagina and a bit further up.

x
    Yes i get this too, i have spent most the day on the couch today. Hubby had day off today and has been great, even let me have a long warm bath this arvo.

DS wants to be carried all the time still (he is 2) luckily he is not too heavy but still is hard.

I didnt have any problems with carring him during my first pregnancy, he was nearly 10 pounds when born, so no wonder things are recked down there.

Sorry to hear of your MC and sending lots of good vibes for this pregnancy!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to baby4us For This Useful Post:

wildoats  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post

I went to 42 weeks with my DS and honestly loved every second of it (except for MS!)
    I was the same with DS (went to 39 weeks) but this one, whoa, don't want to think about what things will be like when i get to your stage and beyond!

Wishing you a smooth ride for the remainder of your pregnancy x