+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Honey, where have you been all my life?

Oh Honey, I can't believe I was missing out!!

I hated you as a child and then refused to eat anything where I could taste Honey, until my urge to buy a bottle 20 years later and wow. I can't believe I went so long without trying honey again.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Has anyone else avoided a food as you remembered it being yuck from when you were a child and later changed your mind?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    that is so funny. I don't think i have any i don't like dates and figs from when i was a child and haven't tried them since but i will and see if i change my mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hated sour cream and avocado as a child, love them now though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mushrooms. As a kid, I would complain ALLLLLLL the time. Now I quite like them, and am happy to have them heavily featured in a dish (raw or not).

TBH though, I think it was my mother's way of preparing them that made them so hideous. lol. I think the same of most things... I thought I hated fish as a kid, but that's because the only fish I was ever exposed to came from a freezer pack and was just crumbed white mush, or fish and chip shop cheap nasty battered nonsense. I never realised fish could actually be nice... lol.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't like tomatoes, mushrooms or calamari as a kid. Love them all now And I've found as an adult, I'm not afraid to try new things (within reason though - am not about to eat brains or octopus or something lol.)

I will never like cheesecake or anything lemon flavoured though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brussel sprouts

Vegemite (from DFs reaction when i said i hated it as a kid apparently that is a criminal offence as an Australian )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hated gravy. my dh was mortified when i told him, but i quite like it now. he wore me down in the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missybubble View Post
    I didn't like tomatoes, mushrooms or calamari as a kid. Love them all now And I've found as an adult, I'm not afraid to try new things (within reason though - am not about to eat brains or octopus or something lol.)

I will never like cheesecake or anything lemon flavoured though.
    What about chocolate cheesecake? Or toblerone or baileys! Dont dismiss the cheesecake just because of horrid lemon memories no no no!
    Actually then theres more for me so never mind! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    I hated sour cream and avocado as a child, love them now though
    Omg was about to say the exact same thing !!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will add a few more, I did hate mushrooms until dad made me eat a few raw when I Was about 14/15 and I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee them since. Thanks to pregnancy I now eat tomatoes when I hated them before.

There are two things that I still do not like. One being cheesecake (Oh I wish I liked it but I just can't get used to the taste), Coffee as well (tried my first at about 14-15 and yuck, still feel the same).

I only eat bacon in tiny cut up bits and in food. I cant stand the smell of it cooking or eating it just as well strips of Bacon. I also am not a Pig fan in general. But I've been like that since a kid and still feel the same although DP has tried in so many ways to get me to like it.