+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Melting Marshmallows?

Unsure if this is the right area...

For my DS's birthday party (attempting to be creative ) i was going to melt marshmallows and fill ice cream cup-cones with sprinkles on top - thoughts?

Do marshmallows spoil if not consumed straight away once melted? Or would it just be gross?

Or any other ideas of what to fill ice cream cup-cones with other than icecream?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about icecream come cupcakes? I make them all the time and they are so popular with kids. You just put the cake batter in the cones and bake them. Then ice on top like a soft serve cone. I can send a recipe link if you're interested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had planned to make regular cup cakes in funky cases, plus the birthday cake so i thought it might be a bit of a cake overload!

Maybe i'll scrap the regular cup cakes and go with that idea x

Thanks
    Reviews
    See if this works

http://swtcreations.com/?p=331

They look like this
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about meringue in cones?

http://tradewindtiaras.blogspot.com....-like.html?m=1

You could always try bake them
    In the cones. Or fill the bottom with little chocolates or something and put the meringue on top like they have done in the link

Hope you find something xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cake-cones look awesome! So do the meringues but i doubt my culinary skills would make the grade haha!

I'm going to attempt the cake-cones - i'll let you know how i go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are pretty easy to do. Just fill to the top of the skinny part of the cone do they don't overflow. One tip I found good was to pierce the bottom
    Of each cone a couple of times after they're cooked with a toothpick or something. It allows a bit of the steam to escape so they don't go too soggy. They are best made on the day but are ok the night before.