+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    I think maybe instead of slating the person that wrote that on fb maybe you should have said thanks. Thanks because its due to people like her that you can take your unvaxed newborn to a shopping centre or any other public place and not leave with a harmful or fatal disease. she's helping keep your baby safe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Before my daughter was vaccinated against WC, it was not the kids I was worried about. Vaccinated or not, they were not the ones who were trying to hold, touch, lean in to kiss or talk to her. It was the adults who were far more likely to not be vaccinated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Izy  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    The swine flu vaccine came out awfully quickly though, they certainly didn't research that for decades! And some people got sick from it
    Apologies for banging on.... but yeah it did involve extensive research for scientists to realise that these viruses are so effective because they change shape all the time. Once they figured this out, they can quickly develop a vaccine to treat a particular virus, and this is why the flu shot in particular is so important to have each year, as each year it's a different strain(s).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think she is saying she has done no research. Which really - if you are going to make a decision like not vaccinating then you really, really should research.

For a start you chance of adverse reaction to vaxxes are far, far less than complication caused by most Vax preventable diseases. The stats are there to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    No research? Really? scientists don't just release a vaccination because they feel like it they research for years sometimes decades to protect people.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (15-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I think she is saying she has done no research. Which really - if you are going to make a decision like not vaccinating then you really, really should research.

For a start you chance of adverse reaction to vaxxes are far, far less than complication caused by most Vax preventable diseases. The stats are there to prove it.
    Very true. As yet I have done no factual research. I have only had *some* life experience about how vaccinations can affect individuals.

I am not saying I won't vaccinate. I am saying either way, you are playing Russian roulette with your child's life.

I also linked to an article which show's when scientists get it wrong. Once they have gotten it wrong, rules tighten. But things seem to need to go wrong before there is positive change.

**Thalidomide ( /θəˈlɪdəmd/) is a sedative drug introduced in the late 1950s that was used to treat morning sickness and aid sleep.[2] It was sold from 1957 until 1961, when it was withdrawn after being found to be a cause of birth defects.[3] Modern uses of thalidomide (trademarked as Thalomid, according to FDA Orange Book) include treatingmultiple myeloma in combination with dexamethasone,[4] and erythema nodosum leprosum, with strict controls on its use to prevent birth defects.[5] Research is ongoing in its use to treat other cancers and autoimmune conditions, although its use is controversial;[6][4][7] the thalidomide tragedy led to much stricter testing being introduced for drug and pesticide licensing.[8]**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Scientists can and do get it wrong, that is very true. But this is not the 1950s anymore, science is becoming more advances every single day.

See, I can see it from your point of view re the dog, but lets put a spin on that the other way, I got a dog from the pound in Canada, within 2 days she couldn't walk, I took her to the vet and she had parvo. The vet said for us to say our goodbyes because she probably wouldn't make it. Well, she did make it, and ended up with arthritis by the age of 3. She is now 6 years old and on her last legs and will need to be put to sleep soon.

For me personally - I would not consider a one in one million (which is what they say a severe reaction for vaccinations are) as anything similar to Russian Roulette. If you look at the stats of Vax preventable diseases then that is a different story. 1 in 5 people who contract measles will suffer complications, 1 in 200 babies with whooping cough will die. For me and I am just talking for me, I feel far safter with the 1 in a million risk myself. I hear the AVN talk about vaccine injuries. NO joke, they are talking about redness and swelling at the site as being a vaccine injury. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by MsImpatient View Post
    Very true. As yet I have done no factual research. I have only had *some* life experience about how vaccinations can affect individuals.

I am not saying I won't vaccinate. I am saying either way, you are playing Russian roulette with your child's life.

I also linked to an article which show's when scientists get it wrong. Once they have gotten it wrong, rules tighten. But things seem to need to go wrong before there is positive change.

**Thalidomide ( /θəˈlɪdəmd/) is a sedative drug introduced in the late 1950s that was used to treat morning sickness and aid sleep.[2] It was sold from 1957 until 1961, when it was withdrawn after being found to be a cause of birth defects.[3] Modern uses of thalidomide (trademarked as Thalomid, according to FDA Orange Book) include treatingmultiple myeloma in combination with dexamethasone,[4] and erythema nodosum leprosum, with strict controls on its use to prevent birth defects.[5] Research is ongoing in its use to treat other cancers and autoimmune conditions, although its use is controversial;[6][4][7] the thalidomide tragedy led to much stricter testing being introduced for drug and pesticide licensing.[8]**

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (12-07-2012),Guest654  (15-07-2012),happydance  (12-07-2012),LillyPonds  (12-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    See, I don't support, understand or accept a person't decision NOT to vaccinate their child. If my baby died from whooping cough after coming into contact with someone who I knew was unvaccinated (a child) do you think I, or any other parent, would be supportive of a person's "extensive research" they had done before deciding to intentionally endanger their own and other children's lives? Because that's basically what it is. I would be angry, angry that someone elses stupidity killed my child.

It is beyond comprehension that people could be so ignorant as to think they are above the enormous amount of time, money and research that has gone into developing vaccinations. Vaccinations save lives. Not vaccinating leaves you very vulnerable. Why would you choose to put your children in such a position? Unvaccinated children grow into unvaccinated adults and if they decide to see the world, they are at a huge risk - coming into contact with diseases that are barely heard of here because of a generation of people who WERE vaccinated against them. They bring the disease back here and so begins a potentially deadly situation. It just doesn't bare thinking about. I know this is morbid thinking, but unfortunately I think it's the truth.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Clarabelle For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (15-07-2012),happydance  (12-07-2012),KillerHeels  (12-07-2012),LillyPonds  (12-07-2012),patsmum  (12-07-2012),Pawzette  (13-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    The minute you provide this evidence of people not vaxxing for a good reason (from a reliable source) is the minute I will stop talking about vaccination choices. Why is that so hard to ask? I have asked and asked - as have others. And not one person has ever, ever come up with a good bit of research to back up their claims.

That is the dangerous part.
    You're fighting a loosing battle beebs!! At least we can sleep at night knowing that we are doing everything possible to protect our children.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (12-07-2012),beebs  (12-07-2012),Guest654  (15-07-2012),KillerHeels  (12-07-2012),LillyPonds  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    You're fighting a loosing battle beebs!! At least we can sleep at night knowing that we are doing everything possible to protect our children.
    That is just rude

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (12-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (12-07-2012),Lillynix  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),majo  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    It is beyond comprehension that people could be so ignorant as to think they are above the enormous amount of time, money and research that has gone into developing vaccinations. Vaccinations save lives. Not vaccinating leaves you very vulnerable. Why would you choose to put your children in such a position? Unvaccinated children grow into unvaccinated adults and if they decide to see the world, they are at a huge risk - coming into contact with diseases that are barely heard of here because of a generation of people who WERE vaccinated against them. They bring the disease back here and so begins a potentially deadly situation. It just doesn't bare thinking about. I know this is morbid thinking, but unfortunately I think it's the truth.
    Yep, and we are extremely priveleged in this country to have access to childhood vaccinations and such preventative healthcare.

I guess I see things from a bigger world view, and when people complain about our healthcare system, government benefits not being enough, and look at these things with ignorance, arrogance and disdain, I really get my back up. Go to Africa and watch a baby die miserably from measles, and you will come home and vaccinate your child!
    Last edited by Ellewood; 12-07-2012 at 13:39.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-07-2012),Guest654  (15-07-2012),KillerHeels  (12-07-2012),LillyPonds  (12-07-2012),Pawzette  (13-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there would be a huge rise in WC vaccinations, if the vaccine was available seperately.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (12-07-2012),anonyme  (12-07-2012),BabushkaMumma  (12-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (12-07-2012),jennibear  (12-07-2012),Lillynix  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)