+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know that not everyone can be vaxxed, some people are delayed vax with good reason. I understand that. I don't think everyone should be vaxxed for the greater good - as has been implied.

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    She was delayed. Some were skipped, but she had MMR at 5. The only one she had to schedule was hep b and only because she was maybe at risk and it would have done more harm than giving her the vax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    In fact, it was the day before yesterday that someone linked this website into a thread about gardasil.

http://www.informyourself.com.au/index.html

I think maybe you are just missing the threads?

Don't you remember a few years ago when all those anti vaxxers where on here and they used to link things from AVN, Whale etc etc.
    I will admit the last few years I have not looked as carefully at the vax threads as I used to, because they always end up the same. The way you said it just seemed to make non vaxxers out to be stupid. I don't think anyone thinks you can 'catch' autism and I doubt there would be many that have that as their main reason at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I said that there were two types (as far as I could tell) the ones who do tonnes of research and the others ones who listen to hearsay.

I certainly wasn't implying that any of you guys on this thread were the latter, in fact I can tell you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    I will admit the last few years I have not looked as carefully at the vax threads as I used to, because they always end up the same. The way you said it just seemed to make non vaxxers out to be stupid. I don't think anyone thinks you can 'catch' autism and I doubt there would be many that have that as their main reason at all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    I've been on BH since 2005 and I have never seen that.
    Really? God, I have!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    If you look at the disease reports website ( with all the stats from our government) over 70% ( 80% for some) of people over the age of 10 contracted whooping cough and measles in this country last year, so yes either the vaccines don't work or they need boosters
    Over 70% of people over 10 either caught whooping cough or measles??? Links? That does not sound correct!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Over 70% of people over 10 either caught whooping cough or measles??? Links? That does not sound correct!
    Maybe she meant that 70% were over 10 yrs old?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (15-07-2012),share a book  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Maybe she meant that 70% were over 10 yrs old?
    That makes more sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    We had measles, mumps and chicken pox as kids. If my child was in the risk category and more likely to have complications then yes it would be different. But for my family, my child, with her system, catching it would be preferrable to the vaccine. Don't make out like I am stupid. And enough with the blame.
    I also had these as a child. I had measels at 10 months, chicken pox at 12 months and mumps at 18 months. The only reason my kids are getting MMR is because of rubella. And even then, they have a massive chamce of having no immunity to it anyway. I have had the Rubella shot 15 times in my life and even straight after when they do the test to check your immunity, it has never raised. I am never getting the shot again and my children won't be getting it numerous times if their immunity is low after vax.

They will also not have varicella shot. I had shingles as an adult as well as chicken pox as a child so I don't see any need for them to have it.

ETA - my mother has also had the rubella shot tooamy times in her life and has no immunity like myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    That's great for you. In a lot of industries the staff are casual, and CAN and DO get fired for "too many" sick days. I'm sickened by the attitude that people who are just trying to financially survive are 'selfish'. Diseases exist, they spread and why people feel the need to start blaming others is beyond me. Why don't i turn the tables? If you've got serious health issues then maybe you should stay home. Bit selfish of you to think everyone else needs to suffer for your needs isn't it? Bit selfish of you to think that someone else should lose their job because of your health problems isn't it?
    Possibly the most selfish post I have seen to date on bh??????

By your own theory anyone who is sick shouldn't leave the house???? Yet it is acceptable to take a child out sick because you have to work. I'm sorry I know we dont live in a perfect world but if your child is sick it is up to you to make appropriate care for them or take time off from work ... Of that means you have to take sick:annual:unpaid leave then so be it ... If you have an employer who is unsympathetic to this ... stop whining and find a new job.

I have worked ... I was fortunate my mumcaredfor my son. When he was sick I still took time off to care for him (I'm his mother that isy responsibility) ... I had a extremely unsympathetic workplace who I had to threaten them with legal action due to discrimination during pregnancy. I had to take time off when my son myself and my mum was sick!!!

So here's an example for you ... Since you seem to like hypotheticals ... Imagine your child has had cancer which led to say a bone marrow transplant ... So your child has no immune system ... How would you feel if you read that comment above?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I believe the chance of the vaccination not holding is 5% of those vaxxed. It is hardly a massive chance.

Do you wonder if there may be something something to do with your family and the vaccinations not holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Turk EnJayDee View Post
    I also had these as a child. I had measels at 10 months, chicken pox at 12 months and mumps at 18 months. The only reason my kids are getting MMR is because of rubella. And even then, they have a massive chamce of having no immunity to it anyway. I have had the Rubella shot 15 times in my life and even straight after when they do the test to check your immunity, it has never raised. I am never getting the shot again and my children won't be getting it numerous times if their immunity is low after vax.

They will also not have varicella shot. I had shingles as an adult as well as chicken pox as a child so I don't see any need for them to have it.

ETA - my mother has also had the rubella shot tooamy times in her life and has no immunity like myself.