+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ahhh, I can see this ending well :d

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (12-07-2012),Californication  (12-07-2012),Eko  (12-07-2012),headoverfeet  (12-07-2012),MissMuppet  (12-07-2012),MrsBeee  (12-07-2012),onkybear  (13-07-2012),RubySunrise  (12-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I don't understand why people carry on like unvaxed kids are the devils spawn when most adults are not up to date with vaccination and spreading things around themselves? Most babies who get WC get it from their parents or grandparents who were due for a booster years ago- not from some unvaccinated random child at the shopping centre!
    Because the whooping cough vaccine isn't as effective as some other jabs.. so you really rely on herd immunity to protect those children who it doesn't cover. And when you live somewhere like I do, where a lot of people don't vaccinate, and you have kids who are already prone to respiratory problems.. well its pretty scary. Not to say I don't think adults shouldn't be getting their boosters though. But yeah.. whooping cough is ugly and it kills.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Very good point. I really don't judge people who dont vax either. One of my brothers children are not vaxxed, and so are most of their friends.

Our GP told us that if you can, its best to avoid shopping centres and families you know that are not vacinnated when your newborn is in that first 6 weeks. In our area, there are huge outbreaks of whooping cough. I wouldn't risk it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    How is it barking up the wrong tree? Or do you know something about the 3 fold increased rate of whooping cough in the byron bay area where vaccination is the lowest in the state? Are you privy to some other explanation? Because the scientific evidence has proved that it is because the vax rates are so low, that the whooping cough rate is so high. And that is where this outbreak started.
    Quit the sarcasm pls...

I'm sure you know d the outbreaks have not been only in the northern rivers region, and its not due solely to vaccination rates dropping. Yes, it contributes to it, but so does most of the adult population being unvaccinated, the fact that the vaccine doesn't cover all the strains or something and is only about 85% effective. THAT'S all I'm saying, I am not anti-vac, I AM anti-status updates like the one mentioned in the OP as it completely ignores the other factors at play.

And perhaps if they offered parents the option of getting the WC vaccine separated instead of pumping a 6 wk old full of whatever the vaccines are made up of- the vac rates would be higher!
    Last edited by Annabella; 12-07-2012 at 11:06.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (12-07-2012),Gandalf  (12-07-2012),Jakois  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, extensive amounts of research maybe. But what kind of research? Internet research? Whale or AVN research? There is research from reputable sources and other kinds of research. "My neighbours child caught down syndrome from vaccinations" that is not research...that is what someone said on the ABC show catalyst regarding vaccinations. I mean really. And if I had a dollar for every single thread started on bubhub about how vaccinations cause Autism, then I would be rich. That is not research.

Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    People don't vax for no good reason, those that choose not to have almost always done extensive amounts of personal research. Personally my children are vaccinated, for me that's the choice that fit best, but since researching we are considering delayed vax or this baby. In no way do I judge parents that don't vax. I actually find it sad that the majority of parents think they have no other choice then to vaccinate. I know when I was pregnant with DS1, at only 18 I had no idea I had a choice to decline vaccinations. You go to your midwife/OBGYN appointments, you are told this and that vax will be given at birth and at x, x and x age and most people assume it's the done thing, I wish I was more informed back then because my decisions might have been different.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Aquarius81  (12-07-2012),Atropos  (12-07-2012),Blondi83  (12-07-2012),Ellymoe  (12-07-2012),Guest654  (15-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There was no sarcasm Annabella, I was just stating a fact. I agree with you about the vaccinations not covering the new strain (which they are working on) and it only being 85% effective anyway. But that is no reason not to vaccinate. That argument is used all the time by the anti vaxxers and I never understand it. "85% protection isn't good enough, so I'll be 0% instead"???

Quit the sarcasm pls...

I'm sure you know d the outbreaks have not been only in the northern rivers region, and its not due solely to vaccination rates dropping. Yes, it contributes to it, but so does most of the adult population being unvaccinated, the fact that the vaccine doesn't cover all the strains or something and is only about 85% effective. THAT'S all I'm saying, I am not anti-vac, I AM anti-status updates like the one mentioned in the OP as it completely ignores the other factors at play.

And perhaps if they offered parents the option of getting the WC vaccine separated instead of pumping a 6 wk old full of whatever the vaccines are made up of- the vac rates would be higher!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (12-07-2012),Ellymoe  (12-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quit the sarcasm pls...

I understand your opinion but someone's personal facebook is their own, so they can write whatever status they want on it. I don't agree with what lots of people out on their FB but you can't change it. Someone the other day on mine said that you are basically a child abuser if you don't have your baby in a rear facing car seat till they are 18 months. You are never going to agree with what everyone says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is just rediculous
    Soon there will be vaxxing and non-vaxxing sections in restaurants and non-vaxxed people will have to sit in the back of the bus.

The whole vax/non-vax debate just drives me crazy.

Everyone is entiled to do what they want regarding vaxxing. Poeple who dont vax do so for good reason, as do people who do vax.

This thread is just having another go at those who choose not to vax. I can see this ending VERY badley...it chould be closed now!!!!!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

Eko  (12-07-2012),Lillynix  (12-07-2012),Littlemissmetal  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Ahhh, I can see this ending well :d
    I'm not even going to bother plenty of other threads around!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (12-07-2012),Kadorite  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For you it may not be a good enough reason, for others already unsure about it, it may make a difference to their decision.

I do vaccinate my kids (reluctantly), because I do believe in herd immunity, and I feel a social obligation to do so. But I delay and don't do them all (rotavirus etc). But all the people I know who choose not to vaccinate are far more educated on it all than I am, and more than AVN/google searches. They have very valid reasons for not vaxing.

I am particularly uneasy about the 2,4,6 mth needles as they are vaxing against si many things at such a tiny age, I really think it would be better if it could be separated, and I think more people would be happy vaccinating their kids if that were an option.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (12-07-2012),Boobycino  (12-07-2012),Izy  (14-07-2012),jennibear  (12-07-2012),Lillynix  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-07-2012)