+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am amazed at how some of our most avid 'non vaxxers' on here would vax selectively for pertussis. Why? is that because it is rampant? Or severe? All of the vpd's can be life threatening, and they all have the potential to become prevalent yet again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Measles, even mumps, is not overly concerning for me. It's like chicken pox, I would prefer to get it than get the vaccination. The only reason she is vaccinated against them is because rubella had me worried and I couldn't give that to her on its own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by In My Stride View Post
    Sorry I don't agree, I was a single mother for 6 years, I worked full time, if my daughter got sick, she stayed home. I don't know employment laws nationwide but where I live you get 10 days p/a & 3 days paid carers leave per child. I have been in the position where I had a sick child & no leave, I took UNPAID leave, an employer would end up deep in it for firing a parent who took (short term) leave to care for a sick child. Justify it all you like but when you go out in society with a communicable disease you are spreading it & something that might be a minor inconvenience for your family might render my family motherless - so excuse me if I think your paltry excuses are selfish!
    That's great for you. In a lot of industries the staff are casual, and CAN and DO get fired for "too many" sick days. I'm sickened by the attitude that people who are just trying to financially survive are 'selfish'. Diseases exist, they spread and why people feel the need to start blaming others is beyond me. Why don't i turn the tables? If you've got serious health issues then maybe you should stay home. Bit selfish of you to think everyone else needs to suffer for your needs isn't it? Bit selfish of you to think that someone else should lose their job because of your health problems isn't it?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

MsTruth  (15-07-2012),share a book  (15-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But hers aren't catching. Unkike the VPDs that so many of you keep in circulation by not vaxxing!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    That's great for you. In a lot of industries the staff are casual, and CAN and DO get fired for "too many" sick days. I'm sickened by the attitude that people who are just trying to financially survive are 'selfish'. Diseases exist, they spread and why people feel the need to start blaming others is beyond me. Why don't i turn the tables? If you've got serious health issues then maybe you should stay home. Bit selfish of you to think everyone else needs to suffer for your needs isn't it? Bit selfish of you to think that someone else should lose their job because of your health problems isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How on earth could measles not be concerning. No really - have you even read the statistics. 1 in 5 people who contract measles suffer complications from the disease and are hospitalised. As opposed to the 1 in a million who suffer a severe drug reaction from the vax.

I WILL NEVER understand non medical reasons for not vaxxing. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Measles, even mumps, is not overly concerning for me. It's like chicken pox, I would prefer to get it than get the vaccination. The only reason she is vaccinated against them is because rubella had me worried and I couldn't give that to her on its own.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (15-07-2012),Atropos  (15-07-2012),Guest654  (15-07-2012),Maybelline  (15-07-2012),Starfish30  (15-07-2012),Wise Enough  (15-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is because it is rampant I suspect, and I suspect that if and when we have an outbreak of something else that is vaxx preventable, most will be running to get their children vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    I am amazed at how some of our most avid 'non vaxxers' on here would vax selectively for pertussis. Why? is that because it is rampant? Or severe? All of the vpd's can be life threatening, and they all have the potential to become prevalent yet again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Perhaps you should read more into the possible outcomes of measles and mumps!!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-07-2012),beebs  (15-07-2012),Guest654  (15-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    But hers aren't catching. Unkike the VPDs that so many of you keep in circulation by not vaxxing!
    I vax actually. My point was if she wants to go around throwing blame, I could just as easily say that she should stay home if she gets so sick, so easily. And this was in reference to her comments that mothers who go to work with sick children are selfish. I'm responding to that and that only because I think that is a horrible thing to say and bl00dy ignorant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had measles, mumps and chicken pox as kids. If my child was in the risk category and more likely to have complications then yes it would be different. But for my family, my child, with her system, catching it would be preferrable to the vaccine. Don't make out like I am stupid. And enough with the blame.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (15-07-2012),Elijahs Mum  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    At the end of the day - this is the way our society is. It is awful, selfish and most of us have to do it all on our own.

However, the number of times I have seen people bring their sick kids to preschool and school, who don't work, on both ends of the scale. Mothers that "do" leaving their poor little miserable kid in pre when we lived in a rich suburb and now mothers that are on the dole doing the same thing where we live now. Well the mind boggles. If your kid is sick and you already at home and not working, then keep them at home ffs.

A sniffle doesn't mean much for some, but two of my boys have asthma and a little cold can put them in hospital.

I am not talking about people who will lose their jobs etc, obviously something has to be done. Although when the libs get in next year and bring in work choices I don't fancy any working parents chances to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I vax actually. My point was if she wants to go around throwing blame, I could just as easily say that she should stay home if she gets so sick, so easily. And this was in reference to her comments that mothers who go to work with sick children are selfish. I'm responding to that and that only because I think that is a horrible thing to say and bl00dy ignorant.