+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No idea, it is very strange.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I guess people are asking why give it at birth instead of, say, 5 years old.
    Ah I see what you mean. Well honestly, I'm not sure lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    And you would think the big Pharma companies would be all over it too, more adults than babies so more money for them!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-07-2012)

In My Stride is offline 3 babies, 2 businesses, 1 husband & a partridge in a pear tree
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Why is it that a vaccinating parent doesn't have to justify their decisions to vax where as a non vaccinating parent has to come in armed with all amounts of extensive research, links, books etc. they have done and have it on hand to anyone that questions their choice? How is that any of your business?

I can't speak for every non-vaxxing parent, but my research (and like I said I am a vaccinating parent anyway) comes from reputable sources, not becuase my neighbour believes her out of control child has autism from a vaccination. I believe in herd immunity, which is the main reason we choose to vaccinate, but this time we are considering delayed/selective vax because the chance my baby has contracting (example) Hep B from me is slim-none, my other children are vaccinated and this baby wont be at daycare so risk of bites or anything else where the disease could be contracted are very low.
    Your post is the last one I read, seen one vax/non vax thread, you've seen them all. For my part I think it's simple, if your child is SICK (or yourself) keep them isolated & don't spread the germs (vaxed - non vaxed it makes no difference) the one thing that will stop the spread of disease quicker is a return to basic hygiene & manners. I have a compromised immune system, if I had a $ for every shop assistant that coughed & spluttered in their hand before picking up my food, every snot ridden bleary eyed child delivered to child care because Mummy cares more about her job . . . . I swear! It's not rocket science & I'm sick of other peoples selfishness. Hands up if you've taken a child 'recovering' from chicken pox for a quick grocery run, you just spread it around, that's all it takes for someone like me (or a newborn) to get the illness - vaxing is a moot point when we are a selfish society that puts the $ before our children

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to In My Stride For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (14-07-2012),Izy  (14-07-2012),majo  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A few years back, our company gave everyone free hep b, flu and whooping cough vaccines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    A few years back, our company gave everyone free hep b, flu and whooping cough vaccines.
    AS a side point, seperate to adults being vaxxed to stop transmission, it would make sense for employers to do this to save money on sick days. Don't understand why more don't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by In My Stride View Post
    Your post is the last one I read, seen one vax/non vax thread, you've seen them all. For my part I think it's simple, if your child is SICK (or yourself) keep them isolated & don't spread the germs (vaxed - non vaxed it makes no difference) the one thing that will stop the spread of disease quicker is a return to basic hygiene & manners. I have a compromised immune system, if I had a $ for every shop assistant that coughed & spluttered in their hand before picking up my food, every snot ridden bleary eyed child delivered to child care because Mummy cares more about her job . . . . I swear! It's not rocket science & I'm sick of other peoples selfishness. Hands up if you've taken a child 'recovering' from chicken pox for a quick grocery run, you just spread it around, that's all it takes for someone like me (or a newborn) to get the illness - vaxing is a moot point when we are a selfish society that puts the $ before our children
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime I see one of these threads I always post it is not just newborns at risk of these diseases!!!!
    My nephew is immune surpressed so I understand where you are coming from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If only people had more sick days. 3 paid sick days per year, and they need to be saved in case the kid gets sick. Luckily I rarely get sick. If I do it's mild.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by In My Stride View Post

Your answer is too simplistic and unrealistic in today's world. Employers often make it impossible for people to take sick leave or if they do allow it because they are forced to by legislation, they often make it known that they are unhappy with employees taking leave, especially to care for children.

Before you continue to criticise those mothers who care more about their jobs (your words) turn your anger towards the employers and legislators.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (15-07-2012),Ellewood  (15-07-2012),share a book  (14-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If only people had more sick days. 3 paid sick days per year, and they need to be saved in case the kid gets sick. Luckily I rarely get sick. If I do it's mild.
    3!? I was under the impression that most industries were 10 (for full-time employees)...?