+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I only bothered to read the OP... and was responding to that. I've been around long enough to assume where this thread would go... and by the looks of it, my guess was right.

I have no issues with people being passionate about their reasons for vaccinating or not. I just have a problem with people calling others selfish and thinking that other people have the responsibility to protect YOUR children. No, they don't. Not if they think they have to harm their own to do it, anyway.
    Oh k that makes sense. I assumed you were following the general path the thread had gone down lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    I am amazed at this. I vaccinate, but I would never, and I mean NEVER push someone else into doing so. Wow, I don't know what else to say about that.
    They didn't HAVE to. But I said either get your shots or no visiting the baby until the baby is up to date on vaccinations. Considering most of them are over 50, it was actually a good reminder to protect themselves.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilahh For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Then why enter a thread where it's bring discussed? If you don't want to discuss it??
    I do not want to go into my reasons...but am happy to discuss other things. What I share in a thread is up to me, yes? It is SO wrong to assume other parents are selfish, irresponsible, whatever. I wish people could be kinder to each other, the world would be a better place

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),MissMuppet  (13-07-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, not at all name calling...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    My valid argument and good point is I believe each child should be individually assessed based on family history, current health and risk factors and luckily I can do that in this country,

I classify my family as a low risk , no daycare, no working in environments of sick people etc, my neice had a bad reaction to her 12 months vaccines and yes it scared us, my MIL is a naturopath , we are an additive and preservative free organic family, we all take pro biotics and vitamins daily, we are extremely aware of our sons health and take it very seriously

until science shows me a recent study proving all 29 vaccines recommended in the current NSW schedule for babies under 18 months will have no short or long term side effects on my son ( no , I know there are studies on individual vaccines but none on all of them combined ) I will stick to the very well planned delayed vaccine schedule that my GP, Paed, naturopath and myself have made

Attack away, Im a big girl, I can handle it
    I think I luff you EM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    My bold..

I think it's comments like this that put people on the defensive. Is it really up to you to decide whether someone's reason is good enough?
    See, I think it was this comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Come on, let's be honest here- most people who vaccinate do so because they believe it will protect THEIR children from disease, it's not for the greater good! Stop trying to make out vaxing parents are martyrs for the poor unvaxed kids of selfish, irresponsible parents!
    that turned the thread to sour grapes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm speechless at the people who think other people are ignorant. I agree with the Facebook post 100%.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No, it was when the words, selfish, irresponsible non community minded came into play.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (13-07-2012),headoverfeet  (13-07-2012),Lillynix  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stand by my assertion that most parents vaccinate their children to protect THEIR CHILDREN from VPDs. There are some who do it in part out of a feeling of social obligation (me being one of them, as well as a few people who have said so in this thread) but that is not the norm. MOST parents are told by HCPs to vaccinate their baby at this, this and this age, they read stories in the paper about WC outbreaks, and they go along with the schedule as recommended to protect their child. Very few vax their kids because, after doing extensive research about the risks and benefits, feel they should do it to protect other peoples kids. That's reality. I'm not sure how me pointing that out can be the reason this thread 'went sour', after another poster blatantly called all unvaccinating parents selfish!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),onionskin  (13-07-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (13-07-2012),Squeegee  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (13-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    What? Where? This just isn't true.

I'm (obviously) interested in the discussion and passionate about it, but I would never name-call someone who had good or even somewhat good reasons not to vaccinate! And no-one here has.

Im sorry, but if people have valid arguments and good points then they should bring them into the discussion rather than finally bring it up after 15 thousand pages of people throwing personal attacks at other peoples valid reasons!
    Ah my bold I read this as no one here has provided a good reason? Then my above reply stands. If you meant name calling see this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    No, it was when the words, selfish, irresponsible non community minded came into play.
    It's as bad as telling a woman she is too posh to push or too lazy to breastfeed etc.